Oilburners

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
well chris you have come to the right place! if this bunch doesn't know the answer (which is VERY RARE) they will find it out and get back to ya!

and for the RECORD I'm in the process of buying an IDI! so I'll be double dip'n, between the IDI and the Cummins!

both burn OIL!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headhunter_5.9 said:
and for the RECORD I'm in the process of buying an IDI! so I'll be double dip'n, between the IDI and the Cummins!

both burn OIL!

Good for you! That might send a strong message to the evil goat boy. LOL

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
actually the Ford will be for the Fiancee, I'll be drive'n the Dodge still!

but I'm sure I'll be do'n some minor adjustments to the ford!! with out a doubt!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see why you would want your wife to have the more reliable vehicle. ;Sweet

LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I can see why you would want your wife to have the more reliable vehicle. ;Sweet

LOL
:popcorn

chris88 said:
Your right about most kids listenin to rap on their ipods and having their mommy and daddy buying them brand new cars. The only music I listen to is country and I dont have an Ipod.
10-4 there (except the C&W part; it's '60's classic rock for me :music: )...I could never fathom the appeal of the (c)rap culture. All it is is people swearing with obnoxious noise in the background, and people wasting every penny they have to try and put on a facade of how "affluent" they are :rolleyes:...and I'll admit that my first two cars were given to me, but they were both hand-me-downs that, even with meticulous maintenance on my part, collectively lasted me less than a year. Those two cars were also the only g@$$ers I've ever owned; when I finally got into a position to buy something for myself, I went to an oilburner and never looked back...completely spark-free ever since 1999 :cool I just wish I hadn't gotten my truck the way I did...

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
that was a test to see how long it'd take for a comment about the reliability! didn't take long.......

but I'll be the first to admit I'll have some learn'n to do on those not so technologically advanced motors! not complaining, for the simple fact that I'll be able to work on it, and if I don't know what's wrong with it -- you 'experts' will!

damn I love this place!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Welcome aboard!! Happy to have you here...

15 is as good as any age to get bit by the diesel bug :D I was actually about the same age as you when I got bit playing with marine diesels on Sea Scout boats...that was about 10 years ago now, and the bug hasn't gone away yet.

This is probably the best IDI resource on the Internet...and growing every day! :cool

I was 15 when I started noticing the brick body Ford diesels. Never thought I'd be driving one. My truck was built when I was a senior in high school (September, 1990). Just never have become tired of the brick body style... I smile every time I see one on the road.

Mike

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your truck is about as old as I am. I was born September 1990. The 7th to be exact. I might be looking at an 88 this weekend. Hopefully I can get a good deal on it. Its a CC DRW long bed 5 spd with 120000 miles on it for around 3 grand. Only 2 wheel drive though :puke: Well i guess I'll see what happens

Chris

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
boy I tell ya that's some good information! cudos!!

Yeah I've got the truck found I'm just waiting for the 'ole boy to get it in his possession. sounds bad I know... what the deal is is this... a friend of mine and his brother bought a shop that had gone out of business about a year ago and the truck was part of the sale. they own the truck now but don't own the shop "yet" where the truck is. not sure what year for sure the truck is but it is a 6.9. it's 4x4 with a flat bed on it. I'm just guessing it's got the T-19 in it, but not for sure. if it does indeed have that in it, my soon to be brother in law has an automatic that came out of one of his old (wrecked) trucks that we'll put in it ASAP. since it's going to be her commuting vehicle, about 200 miles a day w/ the ole t-19 would be harsh on fuel at roughly 70 MPH.

but all in good time we'll get it figured out! and when I do I know for sure where I'll be checking in for any issues that are present or MAY come up!!

thanks again for the info, ya'll!

JP

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The automatic would be worse if it was a C6. I would think your best bet would be to find a ZF or an over drive for theat 4 speed. I would personally rather have the stick than an automatic.

Chris

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
Oh no doubt, I'd personally rather have the stick as well, but for the price the automatic tranny is our best bet. and it does have OD.. so who know's what we'll do he's also so a couple of 3.55 rear ends that we could toss on it with out too much trouble! our options right now are endless since I don't really know much about the truck at this point. but for the $$$$$ it's a very very good deal, could almost be a profitable deal in the long run!

JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online