Oil Pressure

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good golly Larry! Good luck getting an answer from Ford in 1 hour at 10:00pm too! LOL Are you still at the Chatanooga campground? Good to see you posting. Most trucks see 35 to 45 PSI at the higher RPM's and 20 to just this side of zero PSI at hot idle. Get a 50 PSI gauge if you can find one. Most seem to only sell a 60 though.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have a 0-100psi ISSpro on My truck, during the winter I can see from 65 up to near 80 when cold and 40 psi when warm on higher than 1500rpms then near 20 psi when warm at idle. During the summer I see from 40psi up to near 60 psi when cold high rpms and 35-40 when warm then 15-20psi at idle when warm. Hope this helps.

tractorman86

Reaction score
mine stays in the normal area:rotflmao :rotflmao :D for now. going to do a good guage when i do my turbo i know it also depends where you mount the sender.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I better Contact Ford as no one has the answer here.

FORD! HA! They will likely not have a clue what your IDI's oil pressure should run and they likely don't have anyone there who remembers what an IDI is. :D :D :D Or all they will tell you is it should be in the "Normal" on your gauge.:backoff

I see 50 at cold idle, 25 at hot idle. Above idle 45-50 psi.

Heath

lgettler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel, Yes we are still at the Holiday RV park in Choo Choo. doing fine here. seems I don't get on here very often. I now work here as Park Maintenance Dept and gofer. Yes I would like to find a gauge in the range you mentioned, the next question is it better to mount the sensor down by the oil filter or up by the turbo? I've heard down by the filter as up above is like your water hose method.

Thanks again
Larry :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance