Oil pressure sender

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My existing oil pressure sender/switch is tucked under my turbo and when disconnected makes the engine light come on. Can I use the port on the other side that appears to be in the same spot on the head?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No you can't use the position in the pic for pressure. Our heads do not have any pressure ports in them. Only gravity drain backs to the oil pan.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tap your oil pressure guage from a different location say down next to where oil line for turbo comes from...or use a T where turbo oil feed is going into turbo...tons of options to work through.

I woukd suggest an electrical oil pressure guage unless you like risking hot oil in the cab.

If dead set on mechanical then Autometer makes a gadget that allows safe use of mechanical guage..an isolator....one low pressure for fuel one high pressure for oil. Oil goes from block to isolator then a non flammable fluid line is attached to other side of isolator and run to guage.

Its what I hope to utilize

JM2CW

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I will look at doing that. Doing anything under the turbo is a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Was just about to say as posted above. That port you want to use for oil pressure sure looks a lot like a coolant port in the head. BTW both heads are drilled the same so this pictured port is the same front and back on both heads. Hope this helps tell you what you are looking at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online