Oil Pressure Question

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, i have a 1993 f350 7.3 idi with a factory turbo, I installed new qauges and my oil pressure seems low. I tied in at the top of my turbo with a T right with the factory oil pressure sensor. at idle my truck is at 19-20 psi. running down the road it only jumps up to 22-24 psi. it seems crazy low to me. is the factory sensor spot a bad location for accurate numbers, or do i have bigger problems?

i also would like to know where you guys recomend installing the water temperature gauge probe on my engine. the gauge states that it needs flow to properly read. i was thinking mounting it on the very top of the water pump. there is an extra port on top. or should i disconnect the factory sensor and use that hole. i dont think i can use a tee cause it wont have proper flow

thanks for help
Joe

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no help on the oil pressure.
but for the water temp gauge. i used the factory gauge that sets off the warning light not the acual sensor. its right there by the drivers side valvecover ill see if i can dig up a pic.
its a perfect place to put it. lots of flow and acuarte temps.
EDIT: i found the pic for ya.
the one labled temp light switch is where i put mine

Attachments

• sizeimage.jpg
    sizeimage.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 37

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off mechanical gauge or electric for the oil?
Water ,do not use the water pump spot, it is suction side. I used the original temp sender hole and moved the factory one to rear.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the fitting in the rear. moving my factory sensor there. thanks for the pictures and info.

where do you gys with the n/a's put your mechanical oil pressure fitting at? what sort of pressure do you primarily see?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
where do you gys with the n/a's put your mechanical oil pressure fitting at? what sort of pressure do you primarily see?

I have my gauge plumbed in where the factory sender was. My factory sender went out so I just ditched the factory gauge for the time being. My oil pressure at operating temperature at idle is between 15-20psi and about 40psi cruising down the the road. My gauge is a mechanical sunpro from Autozone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online