Oil pressure gauge install Q

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my asking -- I should know this by now, or at least be able to find this by searching, but I can't -- where exactly is the sender for the oil pressure gauge? I need to pull it and install an aftermarket gauge to keep a better eye on oil pressure. This will be on my 89 7.3 (na). Thanks in advance!

Chris

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sender's on the top of the engine, in the very back near the driver's side head. It's close to the glow plug controller.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
The sender's on the top of the engine, in the very back near the driver's side head. It's close to the glow plug controller.

Thank you, sir. I'll fumble around in there later and see what I can find!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the factory sender and gauge operational (for sentimental reasons or whatever), there are two additional ports that you can use on the drivers side of the engine. Take a look at the FS-2500 project folder in the Moose Truck album link.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the factory sender and gauge operational (for sentimental reasons or whatever), there are two additional ports that you can use on the drivers side of the engine. Take a look at the FS-2500 project folder in the Moose Truck album link.

Where is this page?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yes, I got a TEE and plumed my factory sendor into one port and the aftermarket into the other.
The hardest part was getting a wrench on the fitting to take out the OEM sendor.

Maybe a good idea to use a stubby wrench on this....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
there are some down behind the oil cooler. hard to get to also.

here are the 2 coolant temp locations.

You must be registered for see images attach

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
edit the top is the temp and the bottom is the light i use the top one for a mechanical temp gauge

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i belive so, easy way to check is to ground out the wire and look at what is on. if the engine temp light is on, then thats it. if the gauge is maxed, then thats the gauge sender. just stick a little screw in the terminal and put it against the block.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I'll be getting one of those glowshift oil p. gauges here soon so it's good to know where I can hook the sucker up at, especially since it would be such a PITA to get to the stock sender location underneath the turbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online