oil leak ????

omedrud

Reaction score
Hi all new to this form and i have a 90 f 250 IDI I/H non turbo and i have an oil leak thats relly small or something :dunno when the truck is running i havent been able to find it it dose not leak on the ground it will blow it up on to the uper radiator hose and on the hood of the truck i have had the hood open when its running and put my hand over just about every squair inch of the moter and still no leak found i can take the truck to the car wash and degreese every thing and make it all clean and shiny and by the time i get home less then (5 min) its back oil on the hood and on the upper radator hose :rotflmao cookoo and hears the killer of it if i check the oil its full and then check it again in a week its still full LOL any help would be great sorry for being so long winded and sorry also for my spelling

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the best forum for asking questions about these trucks and engines.. Your oil leak may just be the trans cooler lines or the power steering system. Does the fan blades get oil on them.... If so you need to be looking at the power steering pump and lines. If the truck has an auto trans those cooling lines run into the bottom radiator tank. Check them for leaks that spray oil around the fan area. The only item other than what I posted is the fuel lift pump located down low on the front of the block. Its on the passenger side of the engine under the vacuum pump. If thts loose or the gasket is ruined oil can spray out from there due to engine blowby.

omedrud

Reaction score
ya it is a basicaly stock truck 5 speed trans and i just replaced the power steering pump not to long ago and the fan dose get engine oil and it is an engine oil due to no trans cooler and power steering pump filed with trans fluid but that lift pump im thinking that it is it ill have to check it out tomrow thanks to all with all your help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online