oil leak? cant find it

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i was working on my truck, and i noticed oil running down the back of the moter, on both sides, i looked at the top of the moter, and i found a pool of oil on the intake manifold, back kinda by the turbo pedidtool, i didnt see an oil line to the turbo, so does it come through the block, and right into the bottum of the turbo?

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Check all the HP plugs on top of the block, next do you have a HX crossover line running between the left and right heads? If so check the HX line fittings.
Also check to make sure all the valve cover bolts are tight.

It could be the turbo pedistal or EBPV but that usually drips oil down the back and not into the valley.

Clean it up best you can and with it running CAREFULLY look around with a GOOD light and see if you can find the leak.

Let us know what you find.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i didnt put a hx crossover on it, and i bought it all stock, so i dont think it has one, and they dont come stock right?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
no they dont come with the hx. i would bet money its your evpv rod, mine leaked after i gutted it.:rolleyes:

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
oh, mine is still all stock, wuts the point of taking it out? more flow?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
more flow and you don't have to worry about it going closed and staying there,which it will eventually.:puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online