oil leak, and thinned out oil

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i was towing my 4x4 up a steep hill with my truck yesterday, it was probably running 12-13 psi for maybe 2 minutes, when i got to the top and stopped at my friends place i shut the truck off, looked under it and it was puking oil all over my u pipe, the oil was coming off the starter? it hasnt leaked since, any ideas why this might have happened? or where it came from? (its pouring rain outside right now so i dont want to crawl under my truck and look). Im not sure if its related or not but i just checked my oil, it wasent even low after leaking all that oil, and it seemed rather thin (i checked it right after i shut it off though)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My bet is you have a fuel leak on top of the motor. Any fuel leak in the valley pan under the intake manifold will leak out the back on top of the bell housing flange.... Then it leaks down on top of the starter. Way fowards the back of the valley pan is a square 3/8 inch plug that has a hole in it. This plug also holds down the rear of the valley pan. Its also the darin too. So look closely at all the injectors and injection pump fittings. I bet you find some wetness somewhere.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your oil seemed thin on the dipstick when checking it take a sniff and see if it smells like diesel. If it does change the fuel pump in addition to fixing the leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online