oil consuption

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I just became the owner of another stroker, 95 ext cab dually 5 speed, with 290 on the clock, seems to run ok, Other than the decent miss when its cold, and the slight miss at idle. but its not noticible while driving, over all it runs pretty great, gets great fuel milage for a big *** truck

BUT there is always that but..... it uses a ton of oil!!! it dont leak a drop ever! but i cant keep oil in this thing, seems like last time it burnt about 3 qt. in maybe 250-300 miles:eek::eek: so i pulled the fuel filter and i wouldnt call the fuel black but it did look dark and the filter was black, maybe i need to look at the fuel again,

But could that much oil go in the fuel around the o rings but it still run good? i figured it would miss worse if the o rings were that bad,

and i also noticed the compressor housing of the turbo is wet, so i was thinking maybe its passing some oil, or could the crank case system be failing? putting to much oil into the intake system? whats some things i could check out?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Did the o rings, took about 7-8 hours from the time i opened the hood till i shut it and went up the road to test drive, and get air out of the rails, well i have put over 200 miles now, it runs a little better still has a miss in the morning for a few minutes and a slightly lopy idle always but it runs pretty decent overall, but it still slurps the oil! so should i try to rebuild the turbo or is there something else i should do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online