Oil Burner website

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What message do you get when trying to access the site? Can you take a screenshot or a picture? Maybe that would give me some direction.....
I'm going in Tuesday, I'll check then. New restrictions were were added after our system was hacked.

blakpete91

Reaction score
Like Wes suggested, using a VPN service will allow you to connect to OB from work. I use NordVPN.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Tapatalk, love it on my phone instead of a browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TLDR: read my last sentence and send that information back

I wouldn't just go and buy a VPN without diagnosing what's blocking your traffic and that the VPN would be a working solution.

Do we just blindly throw parts at our trucks or ask questions on the forum to diagnose and then replace?
Maybe sometimes we throw parts ha

From the server side - website
Unless Oilburners specifically blacklisted his companies public IP(s) ... unlikely... Or there is an internet routing issue that your public block is black hole'in somewhere along the path to Oilburners...really unlikely... it's gonna be a client side issue

Are you sure your company isn't just blocking social media/forums on the proxy if they are using one?

1. Are you VPNing to work from home or are you on-site?

2. Are you using a company provided laptop or a BYOD? (Bring your own device)

If you are home VPNing into the companies network it's likely a full tunnel, which means all the traffic is being pushed to the concentrator at the company and you're not going to be able to use a third party VPN.

If you are on-site and using a company machine, most companies arent going to allow you to install whatever software you want on the laptops from the client side perspective, and medium/larger size companies alert back automatically when you do.

Now let's assume it's a BYOD situation.
Most companies will have atleast one firewall with a policy that wouldn't allow all outbound UDP for the VPN tunnel people suggested to you for NORD. I'll keep this post real high level but it's going to default on UDP/1194 port which is likely blocked.

To get through this you would need to change the NORD or whatever client you are using config off the default to using TCP for the tunnel which will go over HTTPs which the firewall will definetly pass the traffic regardless. Unless there is a security device doing deep packet inspection inline, then its not going to work regardless. ** This is the step where if the VPN solution was working for people in this thread they either have very relaxed security or switched it to TCP **

All of that said.. there are alot of variables and it could have nothing to do about your source traffic.

Send screenshots or the text of all the output of 'ipconfig /all' from the command prompt, send a screenshot of 'tracert 104.26.11.107' , 'tracert 104.26.10.107' and send a screenshot of the error when you try to launch oil burners and I'll tell you the next step.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The message says "tunnel connection failed", or something very similar to this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance