Oil and water Leaking out the intake/intercooler

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a ATS093 oem with the ATS IC system. if you have water/oil coming out of any of those couplings, stop. you have a major problem. chances are the head gaskets got damaged on re-installation and is allowing water to pass through freely. the other area of intrusion would be a cracked head. either way, you have a extreme risk of hydrolocking the motor and bending the rods. time for another teardown unfortunately.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What you have shown is not an intercooler but its the turbo intake hat seal area. Inside that hat that covers the intake is an o ring. you may have missed that when you assembled this engine. A 4 barrel carburetor air filter cover gasket fits this area very well. Most auto parts stores have this gasket.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I concur with what towcat has posted. Bars leak is not the answer unless your on the dark side of the moon on a sunday nite after 9pm and need to drive home cause there's a wolf trying to get you.. Its just not going to be a good repair. Did you remove and install the heads with the engine in the truck. How did you clean the heads and the block. What head gaskets did you use.

outlawchick

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your replies. I had the truck pressure checked today held pressure was no longer leaking what I saw last night.. But I appreciate all the suggestions and info!! Thank you very much!!! ;) :D

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I concur with what towcat has posted. Bars leak is not the answer unless your on the dark side of the moon on a sunday nite after 9pm and need to drive home cause there's a wolf trying to get you.. Its just not going to be a good repair. Did you remove and install the heads with the engine in the truck. How did you clean the heads and the block. What head gaskets did you use.

come over here under this dark forest canopy... Would like a little word with you... ;Poke

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Ford F350 7.3 Turbo Diesel. Just replaced the head gaskets and valve cover gaskets and the intake manifold. Started the truck and it started to leak oil/water what looks to be spewing out of the intake manifold where it connects to the intercooler. What would cause this? Truck don't oveheat and is blowing hot air in the cab. Also water in the oil pan when i pull the dipstick. Just ran a Bars Leaks Block Sealer through. Letting it sit overnight like the bottle says. Truck sounds fine. Any Ideas?

In the last post, outlawchick said it was pressure checked and it's holding pressure. If all of the above is true, she is going to have a lot of trouble, if only the rad was checked, maybe it just ran out of coolant, no coolant no leak. Water in the oil pan, hope the oil was changed. Bars leak,OMG.

outlawchick

Reaction score
Yes I changed the oil! I was stumped with what it was doing. I've never taken my truck into a mechanic I've done the work on it! That's the only reason I posted in this forum. And yes I see that the bars leak was probably not the best idea.. But yes only a pressure test on the radiator.

outlawchick

Reaction score
To be honest all I know is the mechanic that came over but a pressure tester on the radiator, not sure if that was for the radiator or whole cooling system..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh I see.
Probably a cap style gauge to see how the system was building pressure.
Light pressure is okay. High pressure is bad. Really need to make a good run while watching the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online