oil and filter

dirtbikemike

Reaction score
Anyone know a good place in Denver to buy a filter and the correct oil for a 6.0PSD? I know online would be cheapest but I like to walk in and buy it.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I'm totally with you on the walkin and buy it thing, but online really has it on the price thing.

but I think I've heard elsewhere before that walmart :puke: has them? and if so, prolly cheep too.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstroke shop.com has some great prices, since I have been unable to find the filters in my area... Denver is much larger.... I would think napa, walmart, or an auto store would have them... But i like the motorcraft stock filters... so I order a few at a time online...

BTW I do buy the rotella t syn 5w40 at walmart.....

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 3 full ones and 1/4 of anouther.... so 4.... about 48 bucks.... compared to 32 dollars for dino oil...

DezlWezl

F'in broke
Reaction score
King(Soon to be god) Willie Herenton's Kingdom of
ISurvivedNMU said:
I use 3 full ones and 1/4 of anouther.... so 4.... about 48 bucks.... compared to 32 dollars for dino oil...
So it holds 13 quarts, right? I got a buddy who just got an '05 and is going to change the oil tomorrow. What is the recommended filter part #? He's had a 7.3L but this is the first change with a 6.0. Any aftermarket filters that are better, or should he stick with 15w-40 Rotella and oem-type filter?

HeavyAssault

Wicked Weasel Lover
Reaction score
I currently use Mobile-1 5w40 and the Motorcraft filter 2016 ( I think). You can find the filter at Wal-Mart if they are still in stock, they are currently pulling them from the inventory. Autozone has the same filter for about $20. I would suggest using 14 qts and then check the oil stick after warming up the truck, add oil (if needed) to read at least half on the oil stick. Rotella syntethic is available at Wal-mart for about $14 a gallon (4 qts), Mobile-1 is $20 for 5qts..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online