Offroading an idi

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome truck! Love how you got through that mud/clay. Did you have chains on your rear tires?

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beat on it pretty hard. On this weekend trip, i almost rolled it and managed to unseat two passenger side tires at the same time. And i do have beadlocks.

Long story short, its good to have friends that stay with you to the end. It took 2 16.5k winches and one pto winch to drag my ass onto a field where we could do repairs. Stayed up half the night figuring out how to jack the truck up on soft ground , and then dissasemble the tires to remount them. We were done by 3am. Slept well and left the next morning up the hills where i was towing the jeep.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I bet that must have been tuff. I have to jack my truck up almost 5 ft lifted I beams an sup will sag you have to jack truck up an then put a jack under beam to clear the tire. How many miles are on that truck? Is it a factory turbo truck?

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We winched up to a half rotten tree, wrapped a strap about 12 ft off the ground hooked a pulley up and winched the front of the truck up. We then used 2 60" hi lift jacks on the sliders to finish raising the tire off the ground.

The truck probably has about 100,000 miles on it. It was a N/a idi. I added the turbo, propane, water inyeccion and moosepump later.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome truck...have to admit, my truck has proven it's ability a couple times like that miles from any paved road at deer camp in W.Va. Still need to do something front end wise to lock the front axle, but does well as is! Nice video, impressive pull! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online