OBS and BODY lift ???'s

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made it home from church. These are kind of hard to tell.

this is a pic of the extension. Notice bolt holes through the center of the shaft.

You must be registered for see images attach

i disconnected the u-joint from the steering column. this is the stub end of the column. This is where you would have to drill a hole through the center of the stub to bolt on this extension.

This next picture should show the u-joint that is hooked to steering shaft. this u-joint hooks directly to the stub on the column in the factory configuration.
the spacer will bolt in between here. the extension will have to be filed down a little bit and a relief will have to be cut in for the bolt on the u-joint to fit.

This next picture should show everything sort of lined up how it would fit. Column, to extension, to u-joint and shaft.

Well...I hope those pictures worked. I can email them to you if they didn't. PM me.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chirs, thanks!

For all to see, this is what Chris sent me for pics. and the part I need.

Again, thank you Chris for your helhttp://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?60460-OBS-and-BODY-lift-s&p=702800#post702800p and showing me this part. I appreciate the offer and I'm taking you up on it. You have my address, this should assist me greatly in getting my steering to work correctly when I swap on the SC...

Now speaking of SC...here are a few pics of what I'm getting...NOW realize I only need the cab, not doors, I"ve got another OBS cab/doors to work with...but that second cab has no serial # it's a parts beast only! I also have a good hood, good rust free aftermarket fenders, and my current modded rad support, but looking closely at this one I noticed less rust perhaps, so I'm going to wait before I do any further rad support mods for IC clearances.

I'm grateful this has a nice complete though rough...tan interior!

No column...the other cab has a column...woot! Pedals are there...WOOT...

You must be registered for see images

I'll be using the inner fenders from this truck and all the wiring too...along with under hood hardware etc. This makes it so I just add on my aftermarket fenders and voila done! This engine has been picked clean so to speak, but there are a few parts I can utilize for spare parts...

Trans..missing guts....rofl...was told this got pulled and installed into another truck...rofl, at least I have a spare slave and few other parts Woot

And here you see C5 axle code....this would mean IIRC it's a 4.10:1 gear set....hmm.. guess I may have a 4.10:1 gear set for a D50 coming out real easy since the axles n such are already pulled and missing....

So I'll get this home ASAP, then I'll pull clip and cab, pull doors, start sand for painting...get the other cab's doors, start prep for paint all the parts...then voila...done like dinner!

Thanks for looking

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thus having removed my loaner deck...I now have to work out details of where the SC will land on my frame...then make the deck easy to CUT at that point and then just bolt on the SC....

So the reason for the BODY lift I need to do is right here....all frames be it...reg, super, crew cab all have a drop where the cab sits and the frame kicks up right behind the body...or actually under the back of the cab more like it.

So adding a SC to a RC frame means that my body mounts for one are not in the correct place and I cant just move them as my fuel tank sending unit sits right about where that mount should/would go. Thus for me to clear my frame as I plan...and then be able to mount the body, I need to add on outboard mounts like the front two at the fire wall. This will allow me to mount my cab without making a cross member that hits my fuel tank. I'll also need to lift the cab...to clear the rear kick up portion of the frame nicely!

See here the drop under the cab....and you should be able to figure out what I'm describing above.

I hope that this helps people understand what I mean to and need to do to make this work...Oh of course it will be a pictutorial!

Plus...PLUS...this gives me an excuse for a body lift...rofl...which is lots cheaper than suspension...keeps weight lower...meaning engine/trans/fuel tanks/frame all stay at same height as before...Ya...that's golden...

Thanks

Al