NYLON DOOR STRIKERS- MODIFIED.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The brittle bit I didn't think about, though if they are the correct diameter, they wouldn't allow a properly adjusted door to move. My CCLB currently has no bushings and it's pretty quiet...or just can't be heard over the clickity-clack.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they ate the correct diameter, wouldnt they swell?

if you dont use something, the seal wont do its job.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying out this newfangled thing called "finger-to-text". So far, almost no errors. I've only been using it for 42 years or so, though.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
5/8 air brake nylon tubing, press the striker bolt into it trim to length, golden.

I did come by a scrap on the floor at work today. I'm going to try this. It's Eaton synflex. If they degrade, I'm going to put in an order with IDIoit ;p

As said, the Enterprise D doesn't have much trouble with no striker bushings, but Bruiser has nasty door jolt noises and I'm sure the Bronco will be about the same...when we finally get it on the road...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scratching my head here, as to why such a simple thing has been such a huge problem for some of you. I've never had an issue with these little guys. A couple of bucks at any autoparts store and 3 minutes of time and the door opens and closes like new. Could it be that some of you have just ignored your door hinges for so long that your latch and striker no longer line up. Hmmmm......

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2. I recently did all 4 doors. Several of the doors were missing this part so I bought new ones. Put them on and no issues to date...............

On the note about hinges not lining up, a trick I read about on here was to use washers where the door bolts to the hinge. I also did that and made sure the latch and striker lined up perfectly. I'll say the doors on my 23 year old truck work just as nicely as any vehicle I own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online