Not quite the most expensive IDI I've ever seen...

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Honestly,If I didn't have my ranger payment I would call about it.10K really ain't that bad of a price.The blue book is a joke.Wonder where they come up with half those figures.......

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is so funny you post that up. a few days ago i had to go on a service call to sistersville. well the directions they gave me was crap and i ended up getting off the interstate at the marietta ohio exit, then hit rt 7 north. was driving by and saw that trk. well on my way back i stopped by and looked at it in person, beautyful trk. told the ol lady about it and then bam, see it on here.

I JUST REALIZED that it's Bill Wright Automotive selling this truck...this dude had a '94 Dodge Quad Cab Cummins with a 5 speed out there about 3 years ago...I drove clear the hell out to Marietta to look at it after I asked if he might take $12K or less for it (I was approved for a $10K loan and could scrape up some extra cash), and he said "come out and let's talk" (asking price was $15K). The truck was an absolute PILE and he told me he would not take less than $13K for it. I was a little pissed off and I felt like he was kind of a **** about the whole thing.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Nice truck... But that guy is up in the night! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to find my brother a clean crew cab 4x4 PSD or IDI and the more I look the more I feel like I stole mine for 5k.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
BLUE BOOK® SUGGESTED RETAIL VALUE

Marietta, OH 45750

Condition Value
Excellent
$5,885

interested in buying this truck from this dealer?
kelly blue book it.print the page.take the page to them and ask them to show you $4,110 of worth over kbb retail in excellent condition.

Sounds like one of my customers,...:rolleyes:

On a truck like these you just throw the Blue Book away because it is worthless. These old trucks have proven time and time again that they will sell way more than BBV, and are WORTH way more than BBV, especally if they are NICE. The price at 10K may be a little high for this truck even for me, but bottom line is someone will buy it.

First of all, go find this truck for BBV,.. You cant find them, sure there are the occasional deal out there when someone is selling one that they don't know what it is worth, a nice hand me down from Grandpa, or something wrong with the truck and fixed it quick,..but for the most part they are like hens teeth to find. I know because it is my job to find them and I look for them EVERY DAY! If I can get one for a deal I will buy it.

,...and have sold them for way more than BBV.

Examples that I have sold:
1989 F350 CC Dually 460 2wd Centurion with 7K original miles sold for $16,500.00 (blue book that one out)
1996 F350 CC Dually 7.3 Centurions 2wd with 38K miles for $16,000.00
1997 F35o SLT Reg Cab 4x4 PSD 32K miles sold for $22,500.00

Yes these were beautiful low mile trucks but book them out and see what they say.

It has been my experience that most of the guys that complain about pricing are the ones that want the truck but dont have the money to buy it,...LOL

If you want an interesting read,... check out this post over at another site when I was selling the 97 F350. Gruss saw it and gave me the heads up and I had a lot of fun dealing with a couple of guys there but it eventually got locked.

Here is the link to the thread:
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57750&highlight=darrin

Ahhn the good ole days,..

Later ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I was at the Dealer Auction this morning trying to buy some more extended cabs,...LOL

There was a 1994 F350 Extended cab (not CC) dually 2wd, IDI Turbo Diesel, This truck was in beautiful shape, new paint clean interior. It had a 5th wheel and goosneck, Automatic XLT with 160K miles. It needed tires, the AC didn't work, there was some rattling on the front suspension and the trans had one shift that I didn't like but seemed good. I was willing to pay up to $5K for the truck thinking it would be about $6950.00 on the lot.

The truck sold at the auction for $7,000.00, This is at a Dealer Wholesale Auction, so basically whoever bought will have probably put it up for $9K their lot.

These ole trucks are getting harder and harder to buy,....

boggerted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes me feel good about paying 5k for my truck, especially since although the truck advertised has the nicer fold down console seat and is 1 year newer, mine has half the mileage and is a 5 speed. And only 65 trucks were optioned the way mine was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle