Not my day....Carnage pics.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We had over 12" of snow last night, worst storm so far this winter. It all fell in 6hrs or less....They kept the garbage trucks off the road today so I ended up with the day off...No biggy, lots of plowing money to be made - or so I thought.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ended up being greasy as hell under the powdery snow and traction was nil to none....Got stuck bad 4 times, got out twice on my own and had to winch the truck out the other too....Once that pig goes into a slide you are on for the ride.:mad:....My M12000 Warn winch earned it's money today. In the end I plowed 17 driveways, made just enough to buy 2 new doors and a LF fender for my F250....Seeing as they are f___ed now.....First winch out had my pass side mirror find a telephone poll which was placed perfectly to crush my door.

The 2nd winch out was worse, right in the ditch 3 driveways from my house.......Tweeked something as I couldn't get the drivers door open - jambing on the fender....Anger management class's would have been nice at that point as I was tired and wanted to get finish so I "made" the door open enough to get my fat ass back in the seat....Now I have to fix them just to sell the truck in the spring:puke:.... I also watched my neighbour slip and fall, I had to carry her into the house with what we thought was a broken arm :eek:- luckily she just chipped the bone and bruised it really bad.....And last but not least - I broke the taillight in my F-inlaws 95 Dakota 4x4 while trying to move it so I could plow the driveway.....Luckily I think we have spares in the shed. I need a beer..:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: So for next year there will be front and rear winch's on the dually along with tire chains.....And maybe an ex-skeleton.....:rotflmao

...Goofy has been plowing since last night, he's probably sick of that Duramax by now.:D...."won't push ****" he said.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the kind of day that would make me wanna say SCREW-IT and just let go and start smashing into things and trying to blow it up. Anyways, I guess it was just one of them days huh

Last edited by a moderator:

chowitworkz

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I had to leave my truck 175 miles from home over night tonight lost gasket between acc. drive and air compressor. So tomorrow I get to go remove compressor install gasket, and reinstall compressor and fuel pump,then deliver load and return home. All to try again on Friday.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being a ****, but shouldn't you be plowing with a truck you don't really care about? It seems awful rough on trucks plowing snow. If I lived in snow country, I'd have a winter beater for that.
Travis..

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Your drivers side looks like my 1992 cookoo I've got 2 power mirror doors in CA, more on the way, I wonder what shipping would cost.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
...Goofy has been plowing since last night, he's probably sick of that Duramax by now.:D...."won't push ****" he said.

Needs new tires? Mine does fine pulling as long as you don't get over 10 tons...then she slows down just a touch...

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I had to leave my truck 175 miles from home over night tonight lost gasket between acc. drive and air compressor. So tomorrow I get to go remove compressor install gasket, and reinstall compressor and fuel pump,then deliver load and return home. All to try again on Friday.

:bs:bs

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
been there, done that, backed up and used the plow to take down the small tree that bit my old truck (in my case it was on the box and it smashed the fuel door closed permanently)

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
We had over 12" of snow last night, worst storm so far this winter. It all fell in 6hrs or less....They kept the garbage trucks off the road today so I ended up with the day off...No biggy, lots of plowing money to be made - or so I thought.

Ended up being greasy as hell under the powdery snow and traction was nil to none....Got stuck bad 4 times, got out twice on my own and had to winch the truck out the other too....Once that pig goes into a slide you are on for the ride.:mad:....My M12000 Warn winch earned it's money today. In the end I plowed 17 driveways, made just enough to buy 2 new doors and a LF fender for my F250....Seeing as they are f___ed now.....First winch out had my pass side mirror find a telephone poll which was placed perfectly to crush my door.

The 2nd winch out was worse, right in the ditch 3 driveways from my house.......Tweeked something as I couldn't get the drivers door open - jambing on the fender....Anger management class's would have been nice at that point as I was tired and wanted to get finish so I "made" the door open enough to get my fat ass back in the seat....Now I have to fix them just to sell the truck in the spring:puke:.... I also watched my neighbour slip and fall, I had to carry her into the house with what we thought was a broken arm :eek:- luckily she just chipped the bone and bruised it really bad.....And last but not least - I broke the taillight in my F-inlaws 95 Dakota 4x4 while trying to move it so I could plow the driveway.....Luckily I think we have spares in the shed. I need a beer..:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: So for next year there will be front and rear winch's on the dually along with tire chains.....And maybe an ex-skeleton.....:rotflmao

I started plowing snow at 11pm on tuesday night, and I got home at 3 am this morning. Holy crap!

They took my out of the POS 2500 GME and stuck me in what I thought was a better truck. A GMC 7500, with a 5 yard salter heaped up, a 10 foot blade and 7 liter Cat engine and a 6 speed allison auto....THAT WAS A BIGGER POS THAN THE 2500!!! I got stuck 10 times with it, and I NEVER get stuck plowing!!! The JD 6420 had a hell of a time yanking me out. at one point I got in the tractor and put the guy that was running it in my truck....I got a blade full of snow and rammed my truck at about 6 MPH and it came right out. Later on in the night, he tried that trick with me....but didn't have a blade full of snow to cushin the blow....I got bruises on my shins and a pounding headache from the impact!! Sharpest spoon in the drawer right there!! That truck got stuck on LEVEL ground for cripes sake!! I told them this morning to put me in the tractor and let me go on my route....I now run a tractor!

That 2500 would't push crap all for snow!! It's got the power, new tires but not the weight! A buddy plows for us with his truck. It's a 1997 F350 SRW 4x4 with a 9 foot straight blade. He can push through snow with that straight blade that I can't beat back with my Vee blade!! Just goes to show, Ford yet again beats Chevy in the race to build the better rig!

As far as the sheet metal goes, I have a complete set of mint 1987 - 1991 fenders, hood, brane new rad support and valance off my dually. I decided I want the 1992 - 1997 front end because it's a little less work, I don't have to cut the headlight harness up to make the 1990 front end fit on the 1997 I got.

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score

Those piles are only 1/3 of the way across the parking lot. Level with the window on the 7500 puts them at 5 feet tall. I pushed to the ple and tried to back up and that was it! Stuck!

The 6420 John Deere for stuck trying to dig me out. Well, it wasn't really stuck...I hopped in and got it out (push the diff lock switch with my foot and out it came, I guess that's what you get when you grow up driving these things and know how thy work)

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
Bummer, sounds like it was your guys' day to be the bug. I think you need differant tires on that D-max. Ours pushes through drifts with a 8'6" blade with ZERO weight in the bed. Same goes for our 1991 K2500. The two Fords wouldn't start so they got left at the lot.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Yupper I agree that sucks.Your trying to make a living & things go like crap. As I've said B4 I had 5 trucks plowing in MA.,often heavy wet snow-things break -it doesn't matter how well you maintain them.1 storm a truck came back with a severly bent 8' fisher -30 mile trip buy a brand new blade go back give it to the driver .While I was gone another truck bent a blade (of all places -the same place in the same drive-identical damage) $2000 plus in damages.I went to the drive way carefully plowed and felt for whatever caused the bent blades -a small pile of frozen wet dirt maybe 6 in high.I never did figure why it bent both blades the same. I was however during the next summer able to make a jig for the blades and straighten & weld them back up. Motto don't give up your smart and will get thru it (just a big dissapointment when your trying to make a few extra bucks.
I miss plowing and the beauty of being alone at night in a winter wonderland doing my thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online