NooB check in

Cracker

Reaction score
I have been lurking a long while and learning as much as I could before I finally bought my new (to me) truck and have posted a couple times. Yall have been INVALUABLE in research and trouble shooting problems, I don't get to spend much time surfing but hopefully I will be able to give back to such a great forum. After almost of 3 years of learning and searching I finally found a 1992 F250 Custom Supercab 4x4 with 137,000 in exellent condition. It is a good solid truck without any bells and whistles to break or go wrong . Everything works and has a '96 40/20/40 split bench, block heater, gooseneck hitch in the bed and a class3 out back with 4/5&7 pin connectors. I have already replace the glow plugs and the only other thing wrong is it runs out of fuel at 1/4tank front and rear and I already have a pair of "shower heads" on the bench. I would like to put the biger rear tank, tint the windows, bed rail caps/box, window visors and an overhead center console, other than that I like it just the way it is. The end of this year I am going on the road as a welder doing nuke outages and this truck is going to be used to get me and my gear around.

You must be registered for see images

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the best honest forum on the web. We make every question important. Sometimes you get more than one correct answer too... Nobody jumps on others if they post something thats not completely correct. Being nice pay off when you really need some help. Many of the members here will go anywhere and do most anything to help out another member. Being nice and helpful never hurts. You have a nice looking rig. Your post mentioned that you replaced the glow plugs. Why did you do that. What did you install brand wise and what did you remove brand wise. Sounds like your on your way to some easy modifcations too. Plenty of help offered here about anything you want to do..

Cracker

Reaction score
The PO stated that it started great with the block heater but was kinda rough otherwise. A testlight proved 5 bad gp's. They were a mix of autolite, bosch and one motorcraft, two of which were swollen but came out without issue. I replaced with a complete set of Motorcraft.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Congratulations on your ride, its looks freaking clean!!;Sweet It sounds like you know what to expect from these old war horses. Good luck with yours, hope it doesn't get beat up too bad pimping for a welder.LOL