Non- OEM parts

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So am servicing my E99 PSD this after noon. Pull the fuel filter to put in a new Motorcraft one, new one does not fit the cap right. so run to Ford to see what is going on. Well someone put a non- Ford filter and cap on. Ford had a new on. Everthing fit and went back together just right. To the tune of $55 my cost. Little frustrating to say the least.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 7.3, I don't care. I would buy whatever filter/cap combo they had.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well I don't want any stupid aftermarket filter and cap that I may not be able to get anywhere. I will stick with the OEM style filter that I can get pretty much anywhere. Thank You.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
But actually you can't "pretty much get it anywhere." Around here most don't stock stuff like that. Dealer item.
I'd rather something I can grab at any chain parts store. Especially with most dealer parts being closed on weekends.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But actually you can't "pretty much get it anywhere." Around here most don't stock stuff like that. Dealer item.
I'd rather something I can grab at any chain parts store. Especially with most dealer parts being closed on weekends.

I am talking about the filter itself, OEM one get them at pretty much any parts house. The filter and cap that was on mine I have no ideal where to get the same with out running all over town to try and find. So I f I was in bad need of one would be out of luck.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the filter itself, OEM one get them at pretty much any parts house. The filter and cap that was on mine I have no ideal where to get the same with out running all over town to try and find. So I f I was in bad need of one would be out of luck.

Well after going to parts store to check on things I stand corrected and learnt something. Seems that parts store one are a cap and filter design. Where as the Ford is pretty much just Motorcraft. Guess is a captive part on Fords side. Kind of surprised me.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct. And yes, the motorcraft filter itself is common, not the cap.
I think I was using the wix filter/cap from oreilly before I went efuel.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I gutted the fuel bowl on my '97 PSD in favour of a more 'normal' base that used a spin-on filter, mounted elsewhere. Really nice to get that piece out of the crowded valley, especially on a van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online