No Wait to Start Lite, GPR Test & GP Ohm Test

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC all Fseries after 97 , all Eseries were the same . can't say for the two others from the dark side;Poke.

Like Jasper said, not on the diesels. On the 99+ 7.3PSD it has an electric pump on the frame rail feeding a similar bowl on the engine. The later 7.3PSD doesn't have a fuel pump lobe on the cam. The 03.25+ 6.0PSD and 8-10 6.4PSD has an HFCM (Horizontal Fuel Conditioning Module) inside the drivers side frame rail next to the transfer case. It's the primary 10u filter, the lift pump, water seperator, water in fuel sensor and on the earlier years, the fuel heater (it was eliminated on the later years and service replacement HFCM's) which pumps to a 4u filter mounted on the engine that has the fuel pressure regulator before it enters the fuel gallery's in the head. Even the 6.7 has a fuel pump mounted somewhere between the tank and the engine.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a superduty can't stand the look of them. only 97 and older Fseries owned by me and several 7.3 powerstroke vans.

so I was right about older powerstrokes with the mechanical pumps, and about the electric pumps in the superduty, just not the location of the electric pump......................

did a PMA on a 2008 f550 on thurs, with a 6.4 . the engineer who put the primary filter inside the frame rail with pump was a ******. any extra parts/accessories installed on L frame rail of these trucks makes the filter inaccessible. I got it changed but I'm pretty sure there is some rust in the primary filter housing now! only way I could remove the filter lid to get filter out was to bend the brake line out of the way. that engineer's father should have been neutered .:idiot:

**had to replace the dual tank valve on dad's 90 F350 because it would suck air on the front tank , but not on the rear. was an interesting find, had never seen it before or since. it would only mess up in the winter, and had to bypass the switch on each tank to finally figure out the problem. didn't have a heated shop at the time so it was a real messy job. but it would never screwed up until it was well below freezing (-10C or so) a few tank switch overs. it did not leak externally at all. **

Last edited: