No tachometer

Re3500

Reaction score
ok hit a big bump in the road last night now my tach is staying at 0 till I hit 2000 rpm my trans light is flashing and at 60 mph it shifts from 3rd - 4th constantly

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, first thing to check is the connection at your tach sensor, it is located to the right of your oil fill in the pump gear cover. The wires coming out of the sensor go bare over time, and the plug can get dirty. You can also pull the sensor out and clean it to see if that helps.

Where in Texas are you located?

Re3500

Reaction score
PECOS right now was driving down the lovely 285 when it happened lol

Would the tach make my transmission act like that

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was over by fort Stockton on 285 with the family coming back from a quick vacation! Your trans uses the tach signal to decide when to shift so that’s definitely the cause of the shifting issues

Re3500

Reaction score
There are 2 wires next to fire wall on a plug that are burnt from rubbing break line any idea where tach enters the cab at

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? The location will be different depending on year, but it won’t be by itself, it will be going through the bulk head in the firewall

Re3500

Reaction score
92 that plug there are 6 -8 wires taped up so they will not short but might hafta jump wire tach reads when reeves up but not at low rpm maybe not enough signal passing thru ?

Re3500

Reaction score
I jumped the Burnt wire and looks great now Fkn truck is going to be the death of me lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online