no start

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
a month ago I was driving my truck when it started to lose power. it would not rev over 1600 rpms.I make it back to the garage shut it off and has never started again. the fuel pump has been in question for some time so i replaced it along with the filter. I also replaced the crank sensor, icp sensor, valve cover gaskets and harnesses. I broke down and bought a scan program ran it and came up with codes po344 and po603. I also ran a buzz test and got no buzzing:dunno. does this mean the idm is shot or maybe a relay? I don't know where to go from this point. I would love some help :hail thanks

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your EBPV still intact? If so, is it closing when it shouldnt be?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cut the rod and wired it open. but the injecters should still buzz even if that is not working right?

Yeah, sorry I misread this portion of your original post;

I make it back to the garage shut it off and has never started again.

I thought you meant the problem didnt return, not that the truck hasnt run again since.

Your IDM could be shot, are you getting any smoke when cranking? Is your HPOP reservoir full?

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
resevoir is full, no smoke. cranks but no hint of any sputtering. sounds like when you crank the truck with the key off. when I did the buzz test it came up all injectors have high side open.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say you are down to the IDM then, do you have a buddy you can swap with?

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
I would say you are down to the IDM then, do you have a buddy you can swap with?

unfortunately no:mad: are ones for 99 and up the same? is there a relay that supplys power to it some where?

Last edited: