Nice Timing Meter on Ebay

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item1c3b023c70&vxp=mtr
I just found this meter on ebay and its missing the line clamp but.. It has the harness for that. Kent Moore sells the clamps and we use the 1/4 inch size. Before bidding please ask what color the digital display is. you do not want the red display because the parts are no longer available or near to that. when they are gone the meter can't be repaired with any other display.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what color display should it be? I messaged the seller so as soon as he gets back to me ill post it for ya.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the J 33300 had the red display and the J 33300-A had the green display???
[h=1][/h]

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope. Only the J33300 had both red and green displays. We want the green display. Not red. The J33300-A has only come in green so far and its a digital display only. You can replace simple number displays on that board. The red display is a vacuum type all in one display. The electrical lines come out of it like they do a dash bulb. The glass is compressed around the wires. I should probably show a pic of what it looks like too. Now if you get a really great deal on a complete working red J33300 just buy it. Something is better than nothing.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that don't come with the quartz pickup clamp, the lowest cost of them that I can find is $180. Gary; any cheaper than that?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

Thats a knockoff meter like the kent moore J33300. I have no experiance with them. I'm thinking it does not have a microprocessor like the J33300 has. I say this because it comes with a timing lite so you have to shoot the timing tab for it to work. the kent moore can be used with a lite too if you switch some rocker switches but it will never time down to a tenth of a degree when using the meter itself to time. The kent moore meters time three distinct ways. The plus. The luminosity probe way and the timing lite way. They are very versatile in how they work.

gandalf

Reaction score
The EBay seller answered me just a bit ago.

"Lighted display is green in color. You get everything you see in the pictures, that's all I have. Thanks

- j3inc11"

I asked him what color on the display, and whether the unit was complete.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Gary what do you think would be a good price for this to go for?

under $200? maybe at best under $150?

I dont know how the prices compare between the J33300 and the A either.