New truck!

lukecline

Reaction score
Well my buddy broke down and finally bought a new truck its an '05 6 sp duallie and a whole host of other options. He thought it was time to upgrade from his 96 stroke which he still has bc of a feed bed on it. I rode in it last night for about 30 miles, nice and quiet (nice change from the ol psd) seats werent as comfortable as id thought theyd be. Overall from the first impression id say its a keeper :thumbsup: .

Luke

J.Keith

Reaction score
I love how quiet those truck are inside!

umm gotta do some overtime and start saving :D

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lukecline said:
I rode in it last night for about 30 miles, nice and quiet (nice change from the ol psd) seats werent as comfortable as id thought theyd be. Overall from the first impression id say its a keeper :thumbsup: .
Luke

they are much quieter now. but it seems like mine are getting louder by the day. i have an 03' SO that is missing the insulation under the hood, guess DC wanted to save a $ -cuss

the 04.5' 600 is much quieter than the SO both inside and out but either its getting louder or my hearing is improving, which i doubt. it's got about 5k miles on it now...

i was standing outside next to the 03' today while it was running and i swear its getting nearly as loud as my old 12v.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epin said:
they are much quieter now. but it seems like mine are getting louder by the day. i have an 03' SO that is missing the insulation under the hood, guess DC wanted to save a $ -cuss

the 04.5' 600 is much quieter than the SO both inside and out but either its getting louder or my hearing is improving, which i doubt. it's got about 5k miles on it now...

i was standing outside next to the 03' today while it was running and i swear its getting nearly as loud as my old 12v.

Quiet shmiet. I'm driving a real diesel.

Seriously, though, I hate how the new trucks are getting so quiet. Those of us who like diesels generally like the racket that goes along with them. I'm hoping Dodge won't be too quiet when I buy my next new truck in 2008. I hope they still have the Cummins around, but I thought I heard that the MB diesel will be in the trucks in 2007.

Kimber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epin said:

I believe mine's getting louder too.....until I park it between a couple of 2nd gens. I have to ak them to let me start up first, so's I know it's running

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kimber said:
I believe mine's getting louder too.....until I park it between a couple of 2nd gens. I have to ak them to let me start up first, so's I know it's running

haha.. gotta love the sound of a diesel. even the new ones ;Sweet

Last edited:

Kimber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epin said:
haha.. gotta love the sound of a diesel. even the new ones ;Sweet

Mine's been in the body shop all last week. I've been driving a gasser rental and rolling the windows down when I get passed by ANY diesel....just to listen :hail