New to this, first WMO batch

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my lack of knowledge on newer diesels, do they have a "sight" tube/sensor that would actually "see" the "clearness???" of the fuel. I heard some of the newer diesels have that type of fuel system setup.

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
Forgive my lack of knowledge on newer diesels, do they have a "sight" tube/sensor that would actually "see" the "clearness???" of the fuel. I heard some of the newer diesels have that type of fuel system setup.

Not so much the newer ones but the chevy 6.5 in the 90's did

weldersd

Reaction score
here's my filtering station, it's not the prettiest but all is well so far, no plugged filters, yes smoke, but the more RUG I add, the healthier (black) the smoke gets, I would like some recommendations on how to keep the engine temps up, this stuff runs so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBBst2gqWhs

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's my filtering station, it's not the prettiest but all is well so far, no plugged filters, yes smoke, but the more RUG I add, the healthier (black) the smoke gets, I would like some recommendations on how to keep the engine temps up, this stuff runs so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBBst2gqWhs

I'm probably going to pony up the bucks for the WVO Designs centrifuge in the next week or two.
I'll get the Extreme with the heater and booster.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weldersd,
Like the setup. How long have you been running that setup??(yrs, months, etc)
What do you like and dislike about the flow type vs. pressure type CF's, or what if anything would you do different.
Another independent fuel maker.;Sweet;Sweet;
We (OB) should come up with some catchy abbreviations for what we're doing.

weldersd

Reaction score
Weldersd,
Like the setup. How long have you been running that setup??(yrs, months, etc)
What do you like and dislike about the flow type vs. pressure type CF's, or what if anything would you do different.
Another independent fuel maker.;Sweet;Sweet;
We (OB) should come up with some catchy abbreviations for what we're doing.

Not too long, I have filled up about five times now without going to the pump, lots a smoke but I tried 100% just too thick, even after running 15 gallons of 100% wmo, the filter still flowed freely, i'm now moving towards 20% RUG and it's getting better. so far so good, i'll keep you all posted.

When I was researching the press CF's vs the wvo unit, it just seemed easier, and more through cleaning, than the pressure cf. WVO designs claims only single pass needed for sub micron filtration. when you shut the filter off, you can see all the crud it catches.

sandfantom

Reaction score
I am looking at going down the centrifuge alley myself. I just can't justify spending $1200 - $1600 for a flow type. The fuges from PA diesel are more in my price range. Granted, you probably have to make more than one or tow passes but I have more time than money. I guess my only concern is the quality of the end product.

I am thinking that with my current filter system and then fuging for a few passes that should be enough.

An update on my current system. I haven't had a chance to run any more WMO in my truck as I am looking for some more oil to process. I will be moving soon and don't want to have a lot of excess oil to move. My current batch is 80% wmo and 20% rug beings I have a mix of oils. Hope that this will slow down the smoking. I really would like to make a cone for the bottom of my settling barrel and maybe that will happen as will have to empty it out to move. Also thinking about trying some different filters on my system to do a better job. I have read that Cat makes some that are really good.

weldersd

Reaction score
I am looking at going down the centrifuge alley myself. I just can't justify spending $1200 - $1600 for a flow type. The fuges from PA diesel are more in my price range. Granted, you probably have to make more than one or tow passes but I have more time than money. I guess my only concern is the quality of the end product.

I am thinking that with my current filter system and then fuging for a few passes that should be enough.

An update on my current system. I haven't had a chance to run any more WMO in my truck as I am looking for some more oil to process. I will be moving soon and don't want to have a lot of excess oil to move. My current batch is 80% wmo and 20% rug beings I have a mix of oils. Hope that this will slow down the smoking. I really would like to make a cone for the bottom of my settling barrel and maybe that will happen as will have to empty it out to move. Also thinking about trying some different filters on my system to do a better job. I have read that Cat makes some that are really good.

I have seen a few guys running the oil through the pa centrifuge, then having it empty back into the same tank it was drawing from, I don't think this is good practice, have a dirty tank, and a clean tank, if your going to fuge multiple times, have multiple tanks so the final tank you know will be clean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esandifer08