New to the site. First Gen Lover

CumminsToy

Cummins Baby!
Reaction score
Hi there names Luke Just bought a 92 3/4 5 speed cummins I love the first gens!!!!
Heres a pic....Got her for a wicked price! Anybody have any helpful tips? Power adders etc? Thanks In advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

CumminsToy

Cummins Baby!
Reaction score
Truck looks pretty decent. :thumbsup: As for mods?
Be careful. It's a long and slippery slope. :)

Ya ive been down that road with my rock crawler!
Shes pretty good was thinking just injectors the trick with the pump? once I figure out what the trick is lol and strait pipe it.
Motors pretty clean for its age,shes got 241 thousand km's on er.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let your first mod be guages, then go from there.
The VE pump is actually very easy to play with, I haven't monkeyed with mine too much, and I picked up 12 psi and a bunch of power over stock. I'd recommend a 366 spring(3200 rpm) as one of the first mods outside of tweaking the pump, I miss the extra 1000 my 6.9 turned over this.
Beyond that, injectors, a 14cm exhaust housing(maybe a bigger turbo, depending on how big you go with the injectors)
http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/Power_ve.htm

I went 2 turns on the smoke screw, 4 turns on the star wheel, turned the diaphragm to the deepest point on the pin, and 4 turns on the max power screw. It's like a whole different truck. I still have to turn my idle back down, but, it's only at probably 950 or so(my new tach is sitting on the desk here, not in the truck... LOL,) so, it's livable for now.
Once I get around to adjusting the idle, I'm going to turn the power up some more. I'm sitting at 27 psi of boost now, with max unloaded EGT's of 1000*. Stock is 14-15 psi, egt's, I think in the 750-800 range. I bottomed the max power screw on the collar(3/4 turn) in mine before I installed the gauges, so, I was running 18 psi and 800 peak when I got them in.

And, if anyone wants to know, 35mph-85 mph wot in top gear(o/d in the Dodge, direct in the 6.9) unloaded the Cummins is 15 seconds faster than the 6.9 was, and, that's a 6.9 with 15 psi of boost, but, a non gated lagmaster... LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online