new starter on it's way !!

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Well i finally bit the bullet and bought a starter from db electric cause i heard a few decent words about them.
Has anyone had one for a while? is it still workin good? had any issues with them?
I got tired of having to wiggle the black plastic piece on the solenoid on the starter to get it to start, i was gonna throw another solenoid on it off of a parts starter i've got but decided to just replace it! Cause even when it does start it doesn't turn over very fast , and i have new battery's and good connections.
So hopefully it will be a good one, i am a little worried about the tooth count on the gear not being correct but we will see. It shipped about 2 hrs ago.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I installed mine over the weekend (the "higher torque" model OSGR starter)

MAN! What a difference! ;Sweet

Before my 8 year old kid used to say "dad, it sounds like a sick truck"

Now he thinks it "starts good"

:D

I don't have any claims as to the longevity of it, but it will definately crank things over better! I'm happy with mine.

;Sweet

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I have had a super duty gear reduction starter on my '97 PSD for 2+yrs from DB Elec. and so far so good. Had an issue right away with a bad starter and they sent me as new one right out. No Problems....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put one on the crew cab a few months ago, and so far so good. But it appears to be a chinese jobber. Time will tell.

Heath

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
ive had mine i would guess a year and a half...not sure where my old post went and so far no issues at all.

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been runnin mine about a year no problems. i also bought there hi output altanator. if the starter on my other truck guits ill buy one for that. i guess im happy with them. joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online