New Site

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I've been thinking about doing a conversion to a Cummins 5.9L diesel when my IH goes... In an effort to learn more about the swap, and provide others with a forum to discuss the topic, I've started a new site.

I don't have any fancy artwork on the site, just getting into the game right now. Running this site is not my top priority--school and family come 2nd and 1st. Just trying to start small and see where things go.

You guys are welcome to visit. Please ask anyone you know who has actually DONE a conversion to come and share their experience and knowledge. Please offer suggestions on how I can improve the site.

Maybe I should allow political and gun control discussions so everyone from TDS can get together and exchange punches. :)

My hope is that the site will become a medium-sized site dedicated to talking about making the swap and living with it afterward. Certainly not the size of The Diesel Stop, etc... but we'll see how things go. Use of the site is free.

The site is at http://www.cummins-conversion.com

Mike

rubberfish

Reaction score
Pretty new and quiet there eh?
Looks OK though man ;Sweet
I like that you included GM's.
Maybe we'll pop in once in a while.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you... stop by anytime. I've not started "advertising" the site yet... just wanting to start slowly and try to keep up.

Mike

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far. No plans to do any swapping, but I do like to read about it, so it is nice, if I ever wanted to. Scotty

rubberfish

Reaction score
I think that's a pretend transplant Packrat's got there.
If I'm not mistaken, some body's placed a Chev body on the Dodge chassis.
Either way, Towcat's right. You probably would like his input.
If for no other reason, you can wake him up and get him to re-appear.
He seems to have gone into hiding the last bit. Must be busy.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
rubberfish said:
I think that's a pretend transplant Packrat's got there.
If I'm not mistaken, some body's placed a Chev body on the Dodge chassis.
Either way, Towcat's right. You probably would like his input.
If for no other reason, you can wake him up and get him to re-appear.
He seems to have gone into hiding the last bit. Must be busy.

FOUL!!! That is a transplant. They transplanted a good looking Chevy body, in place of a b*tt ugly Goat coat. :D

You are correct, however. It is an all Goat rolling chassis, with GM sheetmetal. It even has the Dodge cooling system, which is giving me issues. If I ever get the driver's door glass put back in, my next project, is swapping in a GM 4-row, and some creative plumbing.

Btw, thanx for thinkin of me, youz guyz. Ima get all misty. (snif, snif)

NOT :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mike,

Looks like you got a winner going on there ;Sweet

Hopefully you will be able to get some good information built up at your site for doing the converts.

I actually looked at doing a convert but I'm a purist at heart and just could not bring myself to stuff a Cummins where an International should live... Just something about it just did not sit well with me. So I just did the next best thing I got the entire package and I'm happy as a pig in autolite :D

Sorry for not getting back with ya on the PM but I have been pretty busy here around the house lately (pool and RV'n) :thumbsup:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That is a great looking site Mike! I have to say that I have been considering the swap in the future myself, and am starting to get informaton about it. Probablly a couple of years if it happens, but I just want the information for now.

If I was more ready, and had known my buddy was selling one of his work trucks, I woud have bought it, but ouy found out today, AFTER he sold it.

It was a 93 Ex Cab with a bad rear end, 230K and ran like a top, he sold it the first day to the first guy that looked at it,...no brainer there!

I will keep it IDI for a quite a while, but I am looking at the possibility,...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your encouragement, guys. Getting off to a fairly good start... realizing that there are shortcomings in the software and my knowledge re: forum hosting. But have some good users and lots of potential for the site if I can get some things working (i.e., a photo gallery would be nice--in the works).

Maybe in a couple years when Darrin and I get ready to do the swaps on our trucks there'll be lotsa good info on the site. :)

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online