New mill for the wrecker...

Which mill should I go for in the wrecker?

• Save your bux, and buy a Gen1, 5-speed, and gears.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Quick and dirty. Swap in another 350, and go on.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Old school. Build a wonder winder 327.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Screamin' Demon 302. The warning label says not to operate over 10000 rpm.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did you bang your head this morning?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PackRat said:
Relic?!?! :backoff What u callin a relic, fella? :draw
:rotflmao

For a truck that cost me less than a grand to build, including the truck, I'd say it has served me pretty well.

Been thinking about putting some newer running gear under it, though.

TC, is yours a 54, or a 55 1st series?
'54 from what I can tell. you got a grill for one BTW? Mime is a little too beat up to be saved.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Nope. All my stuff is 47-53 5-bar grill. Got an eye on a pickup with a good looking chrome grill. Haven't got ahold of the old man that owns it yet, tho.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Looks like the same hub that was on the 44 under my K-10. Much smaller than the one on the 60, under the Crossbreed.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares what the axles are... cookoo ......its simply the fact that the "little that could"..... did ;Sweet . With its "big brother" looking on :D

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
towcat said:
Who cares what the axles are... cookoo ......its simply the fact that the "little that could"..... did ;Sweet . With its "big brother" looking on :D

When you're right, you're right. Definitely a testiment to the 'less is more' theory.

I like the look on people faces, when I do twice the work, with half the equipment.

....But then again, I'm insane. :rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PackRat said:
When you're right, you're right. Definitely a testiment to the 'less is more' theory.

I like the look on people faces, when I do twice the work, with half the equipment.

....But then again, I'm insane. :rotflmao
I did the same with my carrier :D . There's many loyal customers who were disappointed when I got out of the driver's seat. The new guy just couldn't figure out how I was able to pull off many of my "stunts".

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
TC, got some bad news, ole buddy. After reviewing my situation, decided to let the wrecker go to a new home. Just couldn't justify the expense of keeping it around, anymore. I think the ramp truck will either get sold, or parted out, too.

To give the final answer on the poll: The wrecker will be getting a 96 roller-cam 350, aluminum intake, and Q-Jet. That's what I had accumulated for it, and it went in the deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online