stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i'm new to this forum. i have an 84 ford 6.9. i rebuilt the motor(my first rebuild) about 10,000 miles ago. shes running great. i don't really have a question. i just wanted to say what a great resource this forum is. reading all this info motivated me to install a coolant filter. now i'm in the mood to do some more wrenching cookoo , so you know she wont be running great for much longer.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Stiesel. ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Welcome and good deal on the rebuild.
Stick around long enough and we'll help ya spend some of your money too. ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Welcome and good deal on the rebuild.
Stick around long enough and we'll help ya spend some of your money too. ;Sweet

welcome and just be glad you dont have a power stroke :Sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cool

You do realize that you've now passed across the point of no return...you are now beginning to get hooked. You may not even realize it at first, but it is there all the same.

Sooner or later, you'll get a cut and #2 diesel will come out instead of blood... :D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
and from where do you hail? How about some more info on your ride? ;Sweet

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome guys.
GRuss said:
You must be registered for see images
and from where do you hail? How about some more info on your ride? ;Sweet
i'm currently living in california. but my house is currently for sale. i'm planning on moving back to mn. of coarse i'll be selling my 2000 dodge cummings, and driving my 84 ford back. i'll work on that signature thing so it will show truck stats.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, stiesel :)
When you do have a question there is a lot of knowledge in this forum. In the meanwhile, enjoy and contribute where you can.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
WHOA!The force is strong in this one!Selling the Billy Goat and keeping the IDI.....I like this guy already!Here is a crash course of us crazy BOOB(Brotherhood Of Oil Burners-Pretty much IDI exclusive except that few that have fallen to the BORG(Brotherhood Of Rammed Guys) or darkside(Strokers and Bow ties)) Guys and Gals.For some strange reason(Mel,Fill me in on how it actually got started.I forgot) we joke around like this is Star Wars.We are the good guys(The Jedi) and the electronic engines are the darkside.If you see a referance to a SWONK that is the sound of a Light saber taking some body part off.On the other place I went on quite a few Swonking fits.Then somehow we kinda got off track and mixed other great Sci Fi into the mix with Star Trek.Hince my truck the Enterprise(Which the Previous owner fell to the BORG!) and my Lil Ranger named after the Captians yacht of the same Enterprise(The 1701D I think).Mel is pretty much the God of the IDI world over here.Ken is the Warlord(http://www.dps-performance.com/) with his really bad power hop ups!Travis is the butt of most of my jokes since he jumped ship after blowing up said Enterprise a couple times.Tanya and BJ are our resident truck thrashers as they tend to break their truck(Peppermint) about once a week.I could keep writing for days about all the guys here.Just about everyone here has a History of doing something wild,crazy,catastrophic,or really really dumb(My case more than once!)!

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I want you to konw you should be real proud of your self to have succesfully completed your first engine rebuild,especially on a deisel.So many people are afriad to tear into a deisel.Go forth and enjoy.
Mr Bill

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Steve.

Don't be a stranger and keep coming back - with your knowledge from rebuilding your engine you'll be a great resource to the group.

Since your headed back to Minn you might check out the events forum because there is going to be a rally for the Midwestern IDI group here in Northern Indiana in Aug where you can come and swap war stories with the rest of us and get a good look at some very nice trucks in person instead of just pictures here on the net.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle