New IDI owner

Jacob

Reaction score
updates!

went on a 250 mile round trip in the company cummins (a manual with no AC) and picked up my builder/cores motor for $175. its complete
You must be registered for see images attach
and i figure its worth $350 in cores alone (according to R&D idi's site)if the block is bad (im hoping its alright)

PO says this particular 87 6.9 'got hot and popped a freeze plug' and 'gunk started coming out of the exhaust ports' so the guy parked it for 3 years and just now started parting it out.
Ill post some tear down pics and im trying to scrape 5 or 6k together by christmas to finish it (goodies+rebuild) and swap it out..that figure doesnt include the 4" lift and 35s all around i want to do or the 4x4 conversion!..;Really

next item is the air filter situation. i just remembered i had my 6.7 powerstroke's stock air filter laying around since i swapped it for an 'AFE pro elite HD Momentum Ultimate Blu-Ray Call of duty edition air filter' and the stock one has like 10k miles on it.
it has all the plumbing. as you can see. i might try just to rig it up and see how it fits on the turbo tomorrow. if it works ill post pics.. you guys think this filter setup will have enough CFM? :rotflmao

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, works now.
I would say the 6.7 intake should flow enough.
But you could also go the 6637 route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah, works now.
I would say the 6.7 intake should flow enough.
But you could also go the 6637 route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

haha 6637 it is. the funky casing for the 6.7 wont work without the rest of it as a whole. with the AC compressor hanging there the engine bay is cramped as all get out. Ill rig up the 6637 as planned.

Jacob

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Well me and ****** set up the one ton engine stand. I'm gonna get to work but won't have a pic of that popped freeze plug till later this week, the inlet for my ats turbo is 2 3/4" so this week I'll find all the piping and the 6637. Thanks for the pointers and hopefully this will be just another step closer to a CCLB DRW 4x4 with 350hp an 700 ft lbs of twist on 35s!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk