new here-hydrogen injection?

cdn7.3

Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't see a topic here. biodiesels, wvo, wmo & svo are tough around here in the winter...I was researching hydrogen injection and on-board hydrogen manufacturing kits. Anyone here with personal experience? Supposed to increase Mpg by about 25% which is about the mix I could use of alternative fuels with our temps. Kits sell for around a grand...compared to biofuel kits for around $4000. Just exploring options that will expend the least amount of time.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I read about a guy that did a lot of that, forget his name right now but I have the magazine, only think I can see is where would you get the hydrogen?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I read about a guy that did a lot of that, forget his name right now but I have the magazine, only think I can see is where would you get the hydrogen?

you just make it, all you need is electricity and water. i think the problem is you use allot more electricity to make the hydrogen than you can get back burning it. its something i have read about but never toyed with. would be more than happy to watch some one play with it and see what they can do though.:D

you can make a biodiesel reactor for far far less then $4000 btw

evictorwalli

Reaction score
I do not know if it is ok to say so but on another forum I frequent there are a couple guys, one in a Exursion and the other with an older 7.3 that have seem to have made it work . A few others are working on them now too, at least one with a real solid reputation. They have supplimented their fuel with hydrogen made onboard. What started out from what I can see as proving the idea as a hoax they found out different. They also found out yor do not need to spend $500- $1500 and purchase units form the intertnet, instead you can make your own with a few dollars fspent at the hardware store.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I do not know if it is ok to say so but on another forum I frequent there are a couple guys, one in a Exursion and the other with an older 7.3 that have seem to have made it work . A few others are working on them now too, at least one with a real solid reputation. They have supplimented their fuel with hydrogen made onboard. What started out from what I can see as proving the idea as a hoax they found out different. They also found out yor do not need to spend $500- $1500 and purchase units form the intertnet, instead you can make your own with a few dollars fspent at the hardware store.
It's not ok to tell us if you don't give us the names and links!:D:backoff:backoff

evictorwalli

Reaction score
Well I suppose that if this is "illigal" then the moderator can delete it. I hope these work. The Duramax thread is the longer of the two.

Have fun reading. It is all quite facinating. I am interested in seeing what becomes of this. It is nothing new so I have my doubts of what is claimed by the internet sites. I would trust the guys on these forums more than some shyster with a web page, although there has been some posers come through every now and again.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/714295-hydrogen-generator-3.html
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/683380-2007-duramax-wiped-by-my-2002-7-3-a.html

evictorwalli

Reaction score
This might not be ethical but I thought of purchasing one of the smaller cheaper units from http://savefuel.ca/oxy-hydrogen/ and install it in my wife's rig. They seem to look well built. Before the install figure out how this thing is made, what makes it tick, and make a larger one for my 7.3L. Forgo the trial and error faze of the development.

evictorwalli

Reaction score
On second thought it would be unethical even if this guy is committing highway robbery. I think I 'll do it in my shop and if nothing else give the kids a little course in chemistry....and not try to blow myself up.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
This might not be ethical but I thought of purchasing one of the smaller cheaper units from http://savefuel.ca/oxy-hydrogen/ and install it in my wife's rig. They seem to look well built. Before the install figure out how this thing is made, what makes it tick, and make a larger one for my 7.3L. Forgo the trial and error faze of the development.

holy cow batman those kits are expensive. it looks like about $50 in materials. of course i cant see in the magic tanks but i was under the impression it was only SS plates covered in water very similar to a battery.

o and the moderators shouldent have any problem with the links. they are very laid back a cool around here. IF there is a problem they will just let you know and correct it but they would banish you back into the internet neverlands or anything.:D

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I read through all 18 pages of the first link. Looks like IDI guru Dave S is getting into it. Looks fairly promising. I wondered in my reading about having 2 systems: 1 for running a set current through the tank for the electrolysis at all/most times when the engine is running and 2: a compressor/tank setup similar to the guy who has the 8' tank under his truck. All of the computer control wrt airflow/metering etc could be handled from the tank end. You'd, of course, have to have some sort of interconnect so you didn't over pressurize the holding tank, but it'd make it easier to give a constant flow of the gases to the intake, especially under hard acceleration.

I'm going to do some more digging/reading on this.

Still need to get on getting on building a BD processing setup too...have about 100 gallons of used veggie, 10 gallons of used motor/tranny oil too....

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online