new guy

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
welcome to the basement, John. take your coat off - stay awhile.

edit: DAMN! that's a pretty truck! ;Sweet

Soulpatchfr, JPR, shorthair, argve, apextrans, tbirdfiend281, Exekiel69, Warden, ericboutin... Thanks for the compliments and warm welcome!

pafixitman said:
Very nice truck and...I may be the only one to add sweet Celica! The first time I ever drove one was a '85 GTS 'vert from Balto to Ft. Myers. We were at the Fla. line in 12 hrs! ;Really I had an '84 GT until I put it under the rear of a '70 C30 tow truck @ 80 mph. (Yes, :cheers: was involved :backoff cookoo -cuss )
Those RWD Celicas are a blast! Sounds like you really loved driving yours! Yeah, right into the back of a truck. :eek: Unfortunately mine's a money pit, and I can't find enough time to work on it. The motor's been apart for almost a year now, but it should be really mean once it's rollin'... it better be or a new Honda ski will take it's place!

rancherman84 said:
sweet truck john,gotta love those southern no rust trucks
Thanks man, I lucked out and got the truck from the original owner who lives in the dry part of Oregon and got it trailered here. The only rust was from the inferior body work Centurion did on the roof when they joined the F350 & Bronco. I tackled the roof repair a couple of weeks ago, man that was alot of work. I wish I had a garage to keep it in...

The best of Holidays to all of you and yours! This is about the only way to tell that it's time for Christmas in FL... trees on trucks and lights on houses.
You must be registered for see images

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I dont have a garage too, but you can get yourself a carport (it does help) now I don't know how good will do with the weather over Fl.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Quick Mod

Hey John,

Welcome. To help the airflow a bit try taking the snorkel and flex hose off that goes from the rad support to the airbox. That snorkel is restrictive and while moving you won't need to worry about airflow. I took mine off and I can hear the air moving more. The Banks exhaust should flow just fine if it was added with the turbo. Get the usual set of gauges (pyro, boost and water temp.), then you can increase fuel and boost. Travis put a different air filter on his Banks when he had the Enterprise. Pick his brain for how he did his. You can also remove the muffler and go straight pipe if you like the sound of a lot of turbo flutter and a bit of noise when getting on the go pedal. You've got a great looking truck! ;Sweet Should give you many miles of smiles! :D

pafixitman

Reaction score
JohnDeStef said:
Those RWD Celicas are a blast! Sounds like you really loved driving yours! Yeah, right into the back of a truck. :eek:

Young and dumb, no other way to explain it. :mad: Bumpers never hit. The radiator was pushed back 22"! Friday, October 13, 1989... -cuss

Every once in a while I find myself cruising Ebay hunting for one. Mine was a GT coupe 5spd. ;Sweet

Just wait, we will help turn the truck into a money pit also! :rotflmao :rotflmao

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
Welcome. To help the airflow a bit try taking the snorkel and flex hose off that goes from the rad support to the airbox. That snorkel is restrictive and while moving you won't need to worry about airflow. I took mine off and I can hear the air moving more. The Banks exhaust should flow just fine if it was added with the turbo. Get the usual set of gauges (pyro, boost and water temp.), then you can increase fuel and boost.

I suppose having the intake breathe the air from the engine compartment will be negligible since the turbo will be heating it even more... correct?

Towcat's and F350Camper's intercooler threads are nothing less than fantastic. I need to print them out because clicking on the pages so many times is wearing out my keyboard buttons. I'm going to do an intercooler before the boost and fuel gets adjusted. I want to be cautious and wait to see my EGTs go down before I start to crank them up. :smoke:

pafixitman said:
Every once in a while I find myself cruising Ebay hunting for one. Mine was a GT coupe 5spd. ;Sweet

Just wait, we will help turn the truck into a money pit also! :rotflmao :rotflmao

Here ya go...
eBay link right by you too, in Jersey!

1985 Celica GT, 5 speed, red, 63,000 original miles. $1500 reserve not met, 5 days left in the auction. :Sly

My truck? A money pit? What makes you say that?

pafixitman

Reaction score
JohnDeStef said:
Here ya go...
eBay link right by you too, in Jersey!

1985 Celica GT, 5 speed, red, 63,000 original miles. $1500 reserve not met, 5 days left in the auction. :Sly

My truck? A money pit? What makes you say that?

:backoff You had to show me that! Mine was champagne w/ a brown gut. The 'vert I helped drive to Fla. was red w/ grey. Dang!

My apologies, :hail looks like you don't need our help w/ spending on the truck!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys-
Mel gets wound up enough with Cummins talk around here.....he's gonna have a stroke when the sees the toyota talk... :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
john-
what's with the little cans in your shop? Are you a bodyshop?
btw...welcome ;Sweet

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
towcat said:
guys-
Mel gets wound up enough with Cummins talk around here.....he's gonna have a stroke when the sees the toyota talk... :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
john-
what's with the little cans in your shop? Are you a bodyshop?
btw...welcome ;Sweet

Mine is a small potatoes body shop. I specialize in spot and panel repair... the stuff body shops don't make money on. I work outside too, no paint booth, and spray Sherwin Ultra7000. I also used to be mobile.
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought out my non-compete contract and gave up the trailer and got a 2 car garage shop next to Ft Myers Toyota. The shop's handy for all of the rainy days.

Sand, bondo, sand, mask, filler/primer, sand, clean, basecoat, clearcoat, & repeat... all day, everyday! Those little cans are 1/2 pint mixed vehicle colors, probably 800 or so, and Sherwin tints in pints to make those colors.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Man I am a Sucker for a nice C350! Great lookin Truck! I wish my wife would drive one, but she likes her Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon too much,...

A buddy of mine has what was once a Beautiful 96 C350 PSD 4x4 Dually. IT was the only dually that I have seen.

As I said before it was once beautiful,...It burned to the ground in his garage a couple of years ago with no insurance. It still sits in his pole barn hoping to someday be rebuilt. The whole front end is gone and needs a full interior. IT is a real sad loss. I will post some before pics when I get my internet activated at the office in the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online