New engine but low power. 7.3 IDI

John Lahore

Reaction score
What exactly was the problem?
Low fuel pressure, At the time I tested it, it was already pretty warm, I ASSUME that last week when it was 40 deg cooler, the pressure would have been much lower.
As I drove it (and the fuel circulated and warmed) the pressure drop under load almost went away entirely.
I also am assuming that this is due to a dirty fuel filter and low temps (more viscous fuel) last week.

If I wasn't watching the pressures, I would have said the problem just went away.

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low fuel pressure, At the time I tested it, it was already pretty warm, I ASSUME that last week when it was 40 deg cooler, the pressure would have been much lower.
As I drove it (and the fuel circulated and warmed) the pressure drop under load almost went away entirely.
I also am assuming that this is due to a dirty fuel filter and low temps (more viscous fuel) last week.

If I wasn't watching the pressures, I would have said the problem just went away.
So between warmer temps and fresh fuel filter, problem solved. Cool

John Lahore

Reaction score
Put my new fuel filter on, on Sunday.
Wow, even the pressure at idle went up from 4 to 5 PSI,
Now the pressure stays above 4.5 PSI at all times.
The old filter (that came with the engine) was packed with junk, It spilled out as soon as I took it off and filled half the cup I poured the oil into.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online