New door weatherstripping...doors hard to close

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new weatherstripping from JC Whitney. Looks like quality stuff:dunno Anyway, I have to really slam the doors now. I'm hoping after being closed over night that MAYBE they will compress some. I really hope I don't have to adjust my hinges.
Has anyone here, had the same problem with new rubber? If so, did it get better or did you have to adjust the hinges/strikers.
Thanks,
Jerry

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets better, especially if you have some really warm days.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I would not mess with the hinges maybe the striker... the door that needs to be slammed is a cheby a door is made to be closed so adjust it till it closes....

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... the door that needs to be slammed is a cheby

Honest to goodness, there is this old looney guy that hangs around our tiny town that drives a rusty old 73 Chevy 3/4-ton and he has a grass-string knotted to the outside door-handle; when he gets in the truck, he runs this string through the window and ties it around the column to keep the door shut; now, if that ain't country..............LOL

zpd307

Reaction score
the new seal will compress over time. you can leave as is or readjust the striker. were the doors flush before the new seals or were they sunken in a little.