New developments in Yellowknife.....

Jamie

Reaction score
I was able to get the truck going finally yesterday afternoon, unfortunately I used ether. Yes the glow plug system was disabled. After I ran it for about an hour, I shut it down to see if it would start back up. It started right away. When taking a look under the hood, I did notice that the rubber line going into the top of the IP was soaked. I also noticed a pool of fuel in the glow plug valley atop the front most cylinder on the drivers side. Could this be the answer to all my troubles? Needless to say, the truck would not start this morning.

I finally timed the glow plug on time, the first light stayed on only for twelve seconds. This is after installing a new controller and two new plugs. I am going to go ahead and change the other six today and change out the ablve mentioned return line.

Any thoughts?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You found your problem, or at least one of them. Any fuel leak is going to allow the bell-jar return system on these to drain and thus allow air intrusion. The injectors only open by pressure overcoming the spring tension, thus the mechanical injection rather than electronic. When there is air in the system, the air compresses and doesn't allow the system to pressurize properly, thus not putting the appropriate amount of "liquid" or hydraulic pressure on the injector allowing fuel to enter the cylinder - no fuel = no start! Take a good look at the rest of the system as well. I would probably just install a new injector return line kit and be done with it, but that is just me. I would rather do it in a nice warm workshop than out on the road somewhere. Rubber lines don't last forever, the heat cycles an such just work on them causing them to eventually fail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner