"New" cold air intake! Thanks Jared and Ghunt(For building it)!

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put my new intake on today that I got from Jared since the weather was nice. Had to relocate the fuel filter- Bracket was supplied, overall it seems to help out throttle response a TON! I can actually HEAR air being drawn into the turbo now! Mid range power is also noticibly stronger. Next on the list is an OBS powerstroke exhaust. 3" DP 4" straight pipe. Gonna do the ebay kit thing and whack the 90 off the OBS down pipe and weld on the flange from the stocker.

One question though- Now that I have "opened up" the intake, and with the addition of the staight exhaust, will I be able to hear the turbo spool/whistle? As the truck stands now, no one believes that it actually has a turbo since it cant be heard................just asking!

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i bought a OBS powerstroke 4" tailpipe off summit for ~$60 and just ran 4" pipe to it from my 3" dp. that was a cheap solution for getting 4" exhaust.

i'd like to get one of those brackets to move the fuel filter one day just to get it out of the way. my air box barely fits behind it and it makes putting the box on a pita.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My brothers truck, bottom of my sig, makes allot of turbo noise and always has. When it had the stock exhaust and the intake snorkel up to the front of the radiator support it sounded like a jet engine, but had good tone to it. Now that he pulled the snorkel off and is running just the straight down pipe it sounds like a 429 with a turbo dumped out the side of the truck. lol. Honestly you should hear your turbo at least a little bit, if you're not there's something wrong. What kind of boost are you running?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
since ive put my 4" exhaust on i can barely hear my turbo.. it was loud when it just dumped out the downpipe before the exhaust though. i'm gonna put my cowl intake on next weekend, hopefully that'll help. right now I dont have any plumbing going out from the air box so it's just drawing hot air from right above the engine.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My truck had crazy turbo whistle, one of my buddys thats a dye hard cummins fan said he wished his cummins sounded like my IDIT

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt glad you like it even though you didn't buy it directly from me ;Sweet

FWIW, I have almost the exact same intake on my truck, and for my exhaust I have a 3" DP, with 4" pipe and a big Dynomax resonator and then a dump right behind the cab. My turbo is loud as hell, I would make a video of it but my camera doesn't pick up the high pitched sound hardly at all.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I had the factory intake on it and a wix filter with the snorkel to the grille, i also had the factory outlet housing and a home made downpipe straight 3 inch pipe turned out right before the rear axle. it always makes lots of noise and whistle, if im in mud and getting on it then let it out really fast the turbo bark this thing makes it amazing!

I took the air box off once and the whistle and sucking air sound was so bad at 20 psi you could stand it, it made my ears hurt!

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh c'mon guys...you've seen it before. Just like this one, but I did a slightly different filter flip mount:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online