New Addition

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few IDI's over the years, and have always wanted a Powerstroke. We do some RV'ing and pull a 30' Alfa Fifth Wheel (11,000lb). Took a trip this summer and the IDI did great, but left me wanting a little more on the hills. I was considering putting a turbo on the 6.9, but for all intense and purposes the truck does great and works as it was intended. I browse Craigslist quiet a bit and came across a listing for a late 90's Carri-Lite RV and truck combo. I called the guy and set up a time to look. When I got there, the guy was in the truck and I could immediately see he has had trouble pulling before. The truck has a couple places on the bedrails where he got the trailer into it. Well I'll cut to the chase. The truck is a 2001 F250 2 wheel drive with 7.3 Powerstroke, clean as a button inside and above average on the outside. 35,681 documented miles!!!!! Needless to say I didn't look at the trailer very hard, as I was drooling over the truck. I asked if he would seperate the truck and trailer, he wouldn't. So after some convincing of the DW, I called him and made an offer which he accepted. When all is said and done and I sell either this trailer or our original one I'll have less than 5 figrues in the truck. I'm going to keep the IDI as it has a sentimental value to me and it's low mileage as well (112,000) on it. My son will be the biggest winner in this deal as he will get to drive the '01 as a daily driver, but mom and dad will be driving it if we head to the mountains with the trailer. I look forward to browsing the Powerstroke section of the forum and will post pictures of the new truck soon.

Bryan

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Maybe some helper bags will keep you from getting the trailer into the bed? Maybe not the same problem he had just a thought, every +99 F250 i have been in squated with a decent load.