New Addition to the Fleet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With this car, the entire paint job's bad...it doesn't show up all that well in the pictures, but the car could really use new paint all around. The paint's still protecting the metal, so it's not super-high priority, but if I keep the car long-term, that's on the to-do list. Also, keep in mind that the hood's been replaced, so the hood looks brighter than the rest of the car (the hood is genuine Mercedes silver; it was replaced after the cheap-o paint job was done).

Some Wednesday when Seth has time, I want to get the car up on a lift and look at the underside...also let him go through the suspension and see what all needs doing...

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warden,

The flood in the front seat area would likely be due to leaves accumulating in the windshield draining system. You have to clean it out aggressively. If not clean, it will overflow into the floorboards through the vents.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full Monte said:
The flood in the front seat area would likely be due to leaves accumulating in the windshield draining system. You have to clean it out aggressively. If not clean, it will overflow into the floorboards through the vents.
Monte, you're probably right...but, I have to figure out how the draining system on the 116 chassis works.

I had this exact same problem on my 123, and cleaning the hood hinge drains fixed it...problem is, the 116 doesn't have the 90 degree hood hinges like the 123 and later cars, so it doesn't appear to have a similar draining system. I'm sure there are drains up there somewhere, but I have yet to find them...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mercedes Forum

Hey!

This is "typ4"'s son Brandon.

I just thought I would let you guys known about a forum that I am a moderator on. Its http://schumanautomotive.com/forums

The main subjects of discussion are older (pre-1985) Mercedes and there are seperate forums for the diesel benzes seperated by body type (w116 for example in this case).

Check out the forum, join if you like. My username over there is Brandon314159 and you are welcome to email/PM any of the mods/admins as we are all good people. The site just started up not too long ago so throw an introduction post in the Introductions forum and let us know who you are.

All the info is free so come check it out.

Later!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typ4 said:
My username over there is Brandon314159
You're from Mercedesshop, correct? I recognize the screen name...thanks for the heads-up; registering now (although I don't know how regularly I can monitor it)...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin