New 2 Me 86 6.9 IDI w/ Turbo

6T9burner

Reaction score
Hey all! This weekend I just picked up my first diesel truck. I can't put into words how stoked, albeit nervous, I am.

I am now the proud owner of a 1986 F250 XLT Lariat with the 6.9 IDI, what seems to be an ATS turbo kit, dually mod, as well as a few gremlins. Overall, I am completely stoked!

I'll do my best to RTFM and forum search before bugging you guys.

Thanks for having me.

6T9burner

Reaction score
So it's been a bit since I posted my intro, then I went on vacation, started working 12 hour days when I got back, and helping some friends on the weekend. I've finally had time to work on my baby beast. So far, I have redone the front end, had the C6 rebuilt, cleaned up wiring (such as the starter I-post wired direct to ground... talk about loss of starter power), swapped in LEDs in the dash, fixed the saddle tank with a heavy vent line (still have to do the rear tank), got her new shoes and an alignment... then blew off my downpipe yesterday. She's a work in progress. I still have to do more work on the wiring (reverse lights aren't working), find a ZF5 and assorted ancillary items, redo the headliner (weld a few holes that the PO put in it for a CB antenna), new carpet, recover the bench seats, paint, etcs. Hydroboost would be nice as well. I still haven't found additional wheel studs, so I'm down two. This all sounds like I'm ********, but I'm loving this thing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice n keep on trucking as they say I like the bar across the battery my '93 7.3 n/a just has the lil battery holder on the bottom n this forum has idi n other engine gurus

6T9burner

Reaction score
Looks nice n keep on trucking as they say I like the bar across the battery my '93 7.3 n/a just has the lil battery holder on the bottom n this forum has idi n other engine gurus
While driving the other day, I blew off my exhaust downpipe. Now I need to find a flange and pipe for that Turbo. The previous owner apparently just stuck the pipe into the end of the turbo

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is amazing at what people will try, to "fix" a problem.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iirc on mine there is a tab welded to the downpipe and there's another tab that bolts on to ...... Something under there. Holds the downpipe in place