New 1995 F-250 Powerstroke

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I like the idea of the 3000lbs lines, just for peace of mind sake.

And I have heard about an infamous crankshaft or camshaft position sensor that is prone to go bad and leave you stranded. What and where is this senosr? is it common practice to keep a spare with you at all times? are they hard to replace?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I don't think I will ever shy away from the idi as beign my favorite. Sure nice to drive the stroke though!:sly

i love the idi but my psd is freekin nuts.:D:eek::love:

It was hard for me to part with my IDIs, but we bought the fiver and the IDIs just weren't up to the task.. I do love the simplicity of the IDI, compared to the PSD.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Uppipe-is that the pipe from the manifold to the turbo? is there a doughnut gasket it there that can fail?

Yep... You got it.. There are two of them and changing those donut gaskets can be a pain.. I did the donuts on my 94 and broke several 10mm universals, trying to get the one back bolt out. I bought some Ford donuts for the job, but ended up using the chevy 350 manifold donuts on it. They were much bigger and did a great job of sealing.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both my hpop factory hoses blew within a year replaced them with 3000 lb hydraulic hoses low cost and no worries about having to replace them ever again in my opinion !!

ill be lookin forward to reading a post about your truck burning.has happened already with the swamps hpop.youre using a hose for 3000PSi on a system that sees spikes of 4000psi.whats the temperature specs???hydraulic lines are designed for a constant pressure not a pulsating pressure.the hpop system is not a constant pressure it pulsates and will weaken the hydraulic hose.id highly suggest putting the factory lines back on it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I have heard about an infamous crankshaft or camshaft position sensor that is prone to go bad and leave you stranded. What and where is this senosr? is it common practice to keep a spare with you at all times? are they hard to replace?

ya the cam sensor is an issue and a good idea to keep a spare with a 10mm socket or wrench in the glovebox.from under the front of the truck it is on the passengers side of the crank pully at about the 10 o clock position.

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hpop oil lines

fyi..hpop pump operates at about 500 psi!!! hydraulic sae-100-r spec hydraulic hose is well within specs for replacement of the factory hpop oil lines also ,use what you want just stating the facts and this is what i use on my engine ,also nothing caught fire when the factory oil lines blew out guess its possible not likely in my opinion

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fyi..hpop pump operates at about 500 psi!!!

injectors require a minimum OF 4-500PSI to open.at wide open throttle a stock truck will see over 3000psi.those of us with dual hpops will see well over 4000psi.i blew the gasket out between my rear pump and the spacer at 4800PSI.i suggest you put the stock lines back on and do some research.ill be waiting for the "blown HPO line and burnt the truck" thread ;Sweet

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
injectors require a minimum OF 4-500PSI to open.at wide open throttle a stock truck will see over 3000psi.those of us with dual hpops will see well over 4000psi.i blew the gasket out between my rear pump and the spacer at 4800PSI.i suggest you put the stock lines back on and do some research.ill be waiting for the "blown HPO line and burnt the truck" thread ;Sweet

Well said

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ok I think I see the sensor. When they fail, what are the symptoms? just a no start condition? Are they know to fail while engine is running to?

Are there any other sensors that I should know about?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once in a while they will die while driving.but most times itll die after you shut it off and wont start again.the tach wont move and no smoke from the tail pipe.when that happens also check the under hood fuse panel for a blown fuse.i believe its #22.if thats blown unplug the fuel heater,top plug on the fuel filter housing,has a square shape to it.

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3000 thousand psi???????????????????????????????????????????

we will find out tommorow when i install a pressure gauge and see what she reads at 3,500 rpms

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we will find out tommorow when i install a pressure gauge and see what she reads at 3,500 rpms

no need to put a gauge on it.do a google search on the heui system.3500 rpm in park/neutral aint gonna tell you anything.need to have it under a load.and if youre not using the right gauge your readings will be way off.

im not a newbie to the psd. ;Sweet