Needing HELP!

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have read several old post about bleeding the clutch system and all of them talk about a allen bleeder on the slave. Mine does not have no allen bleeder or any kind of bleeder at all for that matter. I installed a new master cyclinder for the clutch since my napa told me they do not sell just a push rod for the clutch(my push rod broke if you missed an earlier post) Well I unhooked the hydraulic line off of the bottom of the master cylinder and installed the new one. I filled the new master with fluid and it ran right out the bottom with the clutch pedal out. Push clutch pedal in and the fluid stopped running out. So I hooked the line back up and crawled under truck to find bleeder, No luck. Now how in the hell do you get air out with no bleeder anywhere? I unhooked the salve from the transmission (not the line though) and worked the rod on it and it pushes fluid to the master and overflows it and the wife says she see no air bubbles coming out at all. I let go of the rod and extend it all the way and the master is about 1/4 fluid left so the air has to be in my master cylinder plunger right? I have no pedal at all. What gives. Do I just need to go buy a slave with a bleeder in it and deal with it?

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody? Also what size should the plunger be on my master cylinder. When they gave me the new one at the part store , the hydraulic line came off of the end instead of the bottom. My stock one comes off of the bottom and they didn't carry it for 1993 but 94 they had one but didn't say diesel or gas engine just 18mm plunger? Maybe I have the wrong M/S

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may not work in your situation; but, all I ever do is put everything together, fill with fluid, leave off the cap, and walk away.

Give it overnight and all is good.

I have seen guys go into absolute fits and wear out the pedal, trying to bleed the slave, and all this even when they have a bleeder.

I have far better results by just giving it time. :)

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the bleeder should be towards the front of the truck on top of the slave but i have seen a few without bleeders. the best thing to try is to tilt the slave so that all of the air is flowing upwards diagonal with the line as the highest point

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I let sit overnight and not even a little improvement. I looked all over slave and there is not a bleeder. I tore everything off today and ordered a complete prefilled system from LMC for $189. Actually cheaper than ordering everything seperate. I was going to need a new line sooner or later anyway so I just got the whole prefilled kit. Sometimes I wonder about ford's ideas on things! Well thanks anyway guys but my patience ran low on this project. Back to work finally and now things fall apart, couldn't do this when I was layed off. LOL