Need New Serp Belt

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I bought one from *cough* Advance *cough* since they are close but it seems to be too short. Does has anyone replaced theirs that know the part # and where they got it from? I almost lost it when the serp belt didnt fit since they also sold me a tensioner that didnt work!!!! Talk about some wasted trips to Advance.

Thanks
Thad

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
did ya go on there website and run the number one the belt.

Yeah, but its shorter than the one thats one there. I understand they should stretch a little but....I had the tensioner all the way over and it still couldnt fit. I put the old one back on and it seems to works fine but I definately want a new one since the old one was routed wrong and is pretty worn.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go a new belt w/ when I installed the a/c kit in my truck last spring. It had the same problem. I had a friend hold the tensioner down while I worked the left side partially on, then I cranked the ignition and it jumped into place.

Granted this wasn't a great idea, but it worked and the belt stretched out to feel o.k.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new belt on in August had the same issue. It came up just a wee bit short. I found that if I put the belt behind the tensioner and then cranked the tensioner over all the way I could then get it over the A/C pulley and then slide it onto the tensioner. It was a pain for sure but went right on once I figured out the right sequence.

Double check your part # as has been mentioned so you're not wasting your time just in case. Good luck.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I go a new belt w/ when I installed the a/c kit in my truck last spring. It had the same problem. I had a friend hold the tensioner down while I worked the left side partially on, then I cranked the ignition and it jumped into place.

Granted this wasn't a great idea, but it worked and the belt stretched out to feel o.k.

Totally redneck..cookoo ..and I love it...Still got all your fingers? :rotflmao

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I put a new belt on in August had the same issue. It came up just a wee bit short. I found that if I put the belt behind the tensioner and then cranked the tensioner over all the way I could then get it over the A/C pulley and then slide it onto the tensioner. It was a pain for sure but went right on once I figured out the right sequence.

Double check your part # as has been mentioned so you're not wasting your time just in case. Good luck.

I think this just might work for me.....

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I can't find it now but IIRC it's either 112 1/2" or 111 1/2" It's the 1/2" that makes all the differance

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always end up loosening up the alternator bolts about a 1/2 inch and it makes the belt go on so much easier.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I buy them at napa and they always fit the first time with no hassle, I don't buy any dayco belts at advance anymore, I know it is better to come with the right size but I never need it when I ask for the belts at napa.:dunno