Need Help

charliee22

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with a fuel system diagram for my 93 IDI? I cant seem to get it running I believe I have my timing right so now im thinking its the way i had my fuel lines ran on my injectors. I am new to working on these trucks so please help thanks.:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The red lines are the fuel return lines from the injectors, injection pump and fuel filter. They are a necessary item to make these motors run. Also you need line clamps on both sides of the motor. There are 2 per side. If they are not inplace you will have so much fuel pulse vibration that it breaks the metal lines.

charliee22

Reaction score
got it to fire up by pull starting but i think it still has alot of air in the lines cause it is rough is this possible? If not what could it be? thanks

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get it running, loosen each injector nut that holds the injection line one at a time, till it starts leaking. When it leaks, it will kill that injector. If that injector is working, the engine will run even worse. If that injector is not working, there will be no difference in how the engine runs.

charliee22

Reaction score
So your just saying the system is full of air and once i get it cleared out it should perform right and fire right up.

charliee22

Reaction score
Man got it running but it smoke a blueish gray but when i get into it, it smokes black is this cause my pump has been turned up 15% and bigger injectors or could it be the fuel has been in the tank for quit some time sitting? Does anyone know what could cause this cause i dont know.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone has messed with the pump, that will cause it to smoke black, especially when everyone has the idea "more is better". You can have too much of a good thing when it comes to fueling these engines.

charliee22

Reaction score
What about the blue grey smoke will it clear up. also it seems as if i shut it off after running it it will crank and crank then it wil finally start what could be the problem.