Need Help With 93 7.3NA

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel,

Thank You. I was hoping you would jump in here. I will hook up a remote start switch to the controller and try that the next time she acts up. So far, the rag has kept me from being stranded many more times than I am comfortable with. Thank God for old farmers tricks.LOL

threesprings

Reaction score
Been dealing with the same problem for months. The water trick convinced me it was the IP. Finally replaced it, the truck runs like its new. No need for glow plugs (I have mine on manual) once its warmed up. Turns over once, twice and I'm on my way. Feel bad that I cussed it for so long.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Next Chapter in the saga!. Thanks to Built4torque, I have another IP, BB code injectors and new return line set installed in my truck as of yesterday. The timing is set at a WAG. After bleeding everything out, she started up, I checked for leaks, and went for a ride of about 50 miles. She seems to have more power, and definately sounds like a diesel!LOL. Good acceleration, pulled hills better, and minimal smoke. Time will tell if it really is better. Still need to find a way to time her correctly. Anyway, when I returned home, she was idling at around 850-900 rpm by the tach, so I left her running and lowered the idle to 650-700, after several seconds of idling, she started back in running real ruff, smoking, real loud and shaking the whole truck, just like before! I got frustrated and raised the idle back up and she seemed to be better. I will drive her some today and see how she runs.

Also came out of the house the other morning to find fuel leaking out of my front tank! I HATE RUST! Time to replace both tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online