NEED HELP FINDING TRANNY c6 diesel

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have not been on here for a while because I have been working a lot of overtime just to pay for the extra cost of fuel. I lost the ambition of finishing my 72 one ton because of fuel prices and I have not been able to find a c6 for a 6.9 in my area. I live in blossom tx and with the price of metal all of the local trucks as of lately have been going to the crusher and have not found a trannny. I have a brand new c6 behind a 460 but every body said it would not fit. I need help from you guys to find a tranny to get going on my project again. Please let me know if any body can help I would be willing to drive a little distance or pay for the shipping if needed. thanks for the help. greg

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will consider any thing right know! how much for tranny? Is it a good tranny ready to drop in? Can you can get me a quote for shipping sometime this week? Will my 460 converter work or 460 auto flywheel work? thanks greg

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can supply it either used or rebuilt to your spec. gasser and diesel convertors are completely different animals. if you need a flywheel assy(2 part), kickdown linkage, ported vac switch and output yoke, i can do that too. give me a yell via pm.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've got a used one not too horribly far from you just north of Little Rock AR, but it would need a torque converter ( two of the studs on it are broken off ) so that might not help you any.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill take offers for awhile to see if I can get one as close to home as possible. But I can use a lot of info on this tranny and tconvertor compared to my bigblock c6. thanks

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have one from my 2wd here in a couple weeks. It works well, only I've been shifting it manually since that VRV is very hard to adjust right with my turbo in the way. That's if you can wait till like the end of the month. I don't want to undercut anybody else and I can tell you shipping would be killer, but I'd be glad to let the whole assy. go real cheap, including cooling lines a couple VRVs(again I don't know if they work or not) I plan to swap mine for a manual sometime between friday the 20th and friday the 27th. I'd be real glad to crate it up and ship it your way.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an old c-6 from your 6.9 you can always rebuild your old tranny for pretty cheap. Ebay has c-6 kits for sale or maybe you have a source in the repair biz that can get you a kit for even less

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my motor came with a 4speed. My problem is that my truck is a 2wd 72f350. The people that I have seen on this site have 4wd trucks that have been converted to diesel. I realy dont have room for the clutch parts like the slave cylinder. Thats the reason I want to go with the auto. There is a sell on ebay for engine and tranny out of a 80ish bus, It says the tranny is a allison any body know any thing about this?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The allison is a mighty large transmission. 5 speed auto meant for vehicles hauling a heavy load. Probably weighs 500 pounds or some gawdawful weight that'll give the regular guy a hernia. To use the Alison you'd probably have to do some floorpan modifying.

sassyrel

Reaction score
greg--put your location in your avatar--so people know about where you are at--

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I'm parting out a 86 F250 2wd. I drove it home and have been through all the gears, performed a nice smokie burn out. Seems good, I cannot guarantee it or anything. I might even be able to ship it to Albuquerque for next to free. Is Albuquerque with in driving distance for you? I have the tranny listed for $100 on my local Craigslist. If interested does that seem fair? I can throw in the flex plate also. Just keep me in mind. Thanks.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to all the posts. My problem is money right now. The man that builds trannys for me only charges about $200 plus parts. So if I cant find one close I will be spending money on tranny,shipping and build and parts. That sounds like it could end up adding up quick.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk