Need correct shaft

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tee hee.

The lifted Bronco I got needs a steering shaft. Where does one find the right one for a 3" body lift? Please advise. This Bronco is my daily driver for a week and it's about to fall apart. There's about EIGHT INCHES of play side to side heh

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can safely get away with a stock shaft on a 2" lift. if you have a 3" lift, you may be extending the shaft beyond it's safe limits. my suggestion is a custom Borgeson shaft. it's going to be pricey, but what's your safety worth? I do have extra steering shafts I can send you for the cost of shipping, but I didn't hear it's going on the bronco. I don't need that kind of liability.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I read this title.....and thought to myself....how many perverted posts are there going to be......and I was surprised to see none LOL....

Be patient though, if you build it they will come!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this title.....and thought to myself....how many perverted posts are there going to be......and I was surprised to see none LOL....

Be patient though, if you build it they will come!
goofy-
i figured I'd play the "straight man" on this one due to the safety nature on hyperextending a steering shaft. but that doesn't mean that you can't take it to the races though...;Sweet

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am offended. I carefully chose the title of the thread on a forum full of mechanics to be as nonsexual and business only as possible. You have to make a big leap to turn that title into something naughty.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Danielle.......

You are not helping at all....... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao I am glad you have a good sence of humor...... I had the same thought as Goofy..... oh boy.... this is going to end up in the weeds.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I go about obtaining your shaft Towcat?
pm me telling you need for any of your other trucks and include the shipping address. I will pack and send it. I'll also let you know what the shipping will be when it's on it's way.;Sweet

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THE SWAYZE EXPRESS IS OFF THE F***IN RAILS!!!! LOL

I am sorry, I HAD to!!!

What about having using a shaft froma medium duty ford 5 ton or something. They had the SAME cabs as out pickups....just a thought :dunno

Good idea, but you never know what you're going to catch if you use a strange shaft. I'd rather go with one I am more familiar with.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahaha

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you know a little about fab work, you can make your factory one work. when i installed a 3" body lift on my old truck the shaft wouldnt even go back on. i cut it and extended it and it worked fine after that. only thing is it has to be able to slide in and out. as long as you can get the shaft to slide in and out smoothly, making it longer is only 1 surgery away.

gandalf

Reaction score
... i cut it and extended it and it worked fine after that. only thing is it has to be able to slide in and out. as long as you can get the shaft to slide in and out smoothly, making it longer is only 1 surgery away.

You're not going to experiment with MY shaft. :eek: It works just fine as it is, thank you. All this talk about cutting and surgery makes me very nervous.

Attachments

• excited.gif
    excited.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 39
  • ohnoes.gif
    ohnoes.gif
    744 bytes · Views: 39
Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look Ken, if it's not long enough, it's going to have to be refabricated

But these expensive as hell ones (Borgie) are extendable?

I am too much of a **** **** to do my own fabrication

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin