Need AC Vacuum Diagram

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a belt on the compressor and all is well, but looks like a vacuum problem is causing the vents not to work properly. I need a diagram or some suggestions please. :D

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things...

1) reach up under the dash between the center deal and the glove box, there's a metal can with a vacuum tube attached, push the rod in and make sure the air changes from floor to vent, to defrost.

2) Pass side of the engine compartment, check the vacuum lines for leaks in all of those hoses.

3) Between the motor and the firewall, you have the air box with a vacuum line attached. Feel the sides and the underneath to make sure their are no holes in it. That box is nothing more than a vacuum reservoir.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got up under the dash and played around with the rod... got the gray one to change from floor/vent/defrost, but it wasn't connected to the cylinder. I connected it back to the cylinder and it would spring back to defrost after being moved.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will, but it doesn't allow me to manually switch to vent when attached.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
EDIT: I may be thinking too new...I'm sure of it now. Pull your glovebox out, chances are your cable popped out of it's holder dealie...that's how mine was.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check that out tomorrow. I wanna find out what the cylinder is called.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda feeling that the problem could be inside the cab, but I'll double check that line too.