Need a fuel system overhaul soon

tbiagent69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck has a little over 120k miles on it and I have been consistantly getting less than 10 mpg. I inspected the injector system for leaks and I can see some fuel sweating from the return lines on a couple of injectors.

The entire engine has factory grey paint on it. I've read here that the injectors and ip should be replaced sometime around 100k miles. Could the injectors be the cause of such poor economy? I'm thinking that if they're worn out, they would be popping too early causing overfueling?

I can't afford to do the ip at this time, should I just wait until I can afford to do both? I'm worried that if the pump is marginal that putting new injectors will cause it to fail sooner. Thanks for any help / opinions.

BTW, I saw these injectors on Ebay, would those be all right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-9-...ies?hash=item2ea80f2e8a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not if you want to have problems. They have very mixed reviews.
I can sell you new ones, pop pressure matched, with a return kit. 270.00 shipped 10 more if paypal.

Injectors are not lasting as long due to the poor fuels we get these days.
here is the ad in the marketplace

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30933

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Don't bother with rebuilt ones. Almost no shops left bother rebuilding stanadyne injectors, due to the new ones being so cheap, the shops rebuilding them would either have to charge more than the price of a new one or be missing something ( as I've been told by BOTH the good local pump shops)and that place has been steadily gaining a reputation that is about to land itself in the hall of shame pretty soon at the rate they're going. After trying to time one of their pumps, I'm not overly impressed with their work, in fact I wouldn't put their stuff in my truck if you paid me.
Give Russ a call Having matched injectors makes for a SMOOTH running engine