My idi got to go on a chase last night...

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
Well I made a thread a few weeks ago about rpm's on these trucks and what they can take for abuse. I've since ran truck a lil harder since then :sly ... In my area (which is very rural houses are generally almost a mile apart) there have been many robbies in farms and houses just from the ones within 5 miles of me there was over $5,000 of stuff walked of with. Some of which while people were home!!! Well one person was caught to keep county darkened about what is going on. Well there not all caught for sure my cousin was robbed. Past few weeks I've received calls about truck parking down the road from my house and upon review found lock up brake marks and a quick 180 whip around which was done between 11pm and 6am earlier in the week. A friend called about an extended cab truck was seen suspicious around pretty often and isn't from area. Sure enough my dogs were going nuts down the road last night and a 97-02 ford black ext cab 2wd goes by kinda fast. I run inside grab the keys and catch up to truck 4 miles away. By the time i get within seeing distance i already have 911 on the phone then the county police called me for info on where truck was going. I kept in view the whole time by my 4:10 gears held me back i followed truck at 80mph for 9 miles while on phone with sherrif, which he was on other side of county and couldn't do anything. I finally followed truck into a decent sized local town. And we were haulin all around streets and becuase of the thick fog i finally lost him. I met up with a freind and after which we drove all around next couple towns looking for truck we saw it once but it quickly disappeared again since we saw it over 2 blocks away by chance. -cuss

I forgot in post all this happened at midnight last night so I wasn't endangering anyone while chasing truck cause no one was out on roads. I hope to catch this truck or person's before someone gets (it) if ya understand about thieves and a farming community. I was pretty impressed my idi would go that fast tho really i never had it over 60mph before.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
80 mphLOL i think ti have been around a 110 in my truck, 100= 3600 rpm in 4th gear and i was touching 4000rpm when i let off cause i got scared:D but its way to fast dont try it these trucks were not ment to go that fast

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
done 100 mph in my NA CC 350 4x4, with 4:10s, was right on the govener and going down hill, not a hope the flat:D

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
These trucks will break 100 relitively easy, but it takes a couple miles to stop them safely. I personaly hope that the thieving SOBs find themselves on the buisness end of a 12 gauge, just be careful when haulin, don't want any innocients gettin hurt.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
These trucks will break 100 relitively easy, but it takes a couple miles to stop them safely. I personaly hope that the thieving SOBs find themselves on the buisness end of a 12 gauge, just be careful when haulin, don't want any innocients gettin hurt.

Getting past 100 is easy with a turned up governor, but slowing donw yea thats another story

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do catch them next time I bet the idi has a stiffe3r bumper than the newer truck. :backoff
If bumpin em causes too much carnage turn around and claim they got away from you:dunno

We had a similar prob last year that ended with a getaway car full of help held at gun point and four armed neighbors chasing down the thief we ran outta the barn.....luckily the police dog caught him before the locals did.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't stand these types of idiots... good luck catching them, but remember they may have more ammo than you. Don't end up on the wrong side of that.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO You have the right to protect your property. You don't have the right to enforce the law or endanger others. Way too many innocent people get injured or killed when adrenaline peaks. If you want to do something, load a shotgun and sit and wait.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had to do that with mine, but 80 MPH is my upper cruising zone so I might just be able to catch an F150 of that era if it came down to it. I've been above 100 before but the current tires tend to shake at the 90 mark and don't feel like going above that lately. There are rare occasions when I'll speed up to hold pace with a speed demon out of curiosity for how fast they are infact going but thats about it.

In the middle of the night a few months ago there was a thief in a smaller community here on the island that stole a safe out of a tourist shop and took off in a newer F150 that was also stolen. The road out of that town is narrow and winding. The mangled truck was found in the ditch the next morning - theif killed in the crash.

Its just simpler that way when criminals tend to solve themselves without getting tied up in the courts. No pity from me.

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
Mikes91-- i'd never try to get closer than i needed to get a plate number which i couldn't sadly if i ever catch anyone at my place at night i gotta ak47 with there name all over it